FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer no longer working with latest Beta

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Prepared

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:51 pm

ISBoxer no longer working with latest Beta

The games will start but can't type into the login prompt to login. Tried setting to remember login but the login names are not there when the client screens are started. The client screens are sized and in the right places on the screen, just can't type in to get started.
<<

jimthev

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: ISBoxer no longer working with latest Beta

The error I get using Win 7:

Unable to Open Archive File

Guild Wars 2 is unable to access its archive file
C:\Users\ME\Documents\Guild Wars 2\Local.dat. Please
verify that this file is accessible and writable, and that no other
program is currently using it.

Theoretically I could get around it by running each copy as a different user, but I don't see that option. Is this correct or have I hosed my config?

Guess I shouldn't have waited until the last day of the last beta to test it out, eh?

Edit: IS version: v1.11 (Build 5654), IS Boxer version: 40.3.716.1
<<

Prepared

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:44 pm

jimthev wrote:The error I get using Win 7:

Unable to Open Archive File

Guild Wars 2 is unable to access its archive file
C:\Users\ME\Documents\Guild Wars 2\Local.dat. Please
verify that this file is accessible and writable, and that no other
program is currently using it.

Theoretically I could get around it by running each copy as a different user, but I don't see that option. Is this correct or have I hosed my config?

Guess I shouldn't have waited until the last day of the last beta to test it out, eh?

Edit: IS version: v1.11 (Build 5654), IS Boxer version: 40.3.716.1

By different user, do you mean character name? It sounds as though you need to make sure that your second copy is selected when you build your character name. Your first step was copy the game folder right? After that, you go into Innerspace and add the game folder directory. You do that for each copy that you want to run. Then you go into ISBoxer and select the game for each character name created in ISBoxer that was added in Innerspace. If you don't do those steps, you get the error you've posted here. The full steps to get Guild Wars 2 working with ISBoxer is here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2308

However, as I mentioned earlier, the games will start up and position correctly, just can't type into any of the screens even if the screens are selected with the mouse or keyboard repeat is turned on. It's not working right now. Hopefully when Lax or one of his developers(?) has time it can be corrected.
<<

jimthev

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:50 pm

Not different character, different Windows user. The file that was locked has a path that depends upon the Windows user ("ME") in the sample I wrote down. So GW2 is using my local documents directory to store its Local.dat file. I did have two separate GW2 directories and each character was pointing to their respective game and configs. I did check a couple times, but I certainly might have hosed it up. But... neither GW2 directory was in my documents directory, they were in parallel directories in the root of "C:".
<<

Prepared

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:40 pm

jimthev wrote:Not different character, different Windows user. The file that was locked has a path that depends upon the Windows user ("ME") in the sample I wrote down. So GW2 is using my local documents directory to store its Local.dat file. I did have two separate GW2 directories and each character was pointing to their respective game and configs. I did check a couple times, but I certainly might have hosed it up. But... neither GW2 directory was in my documents directory, they were in parallel directories in the root of "C:".

Ok, my Local.dat is also stored in My Documents\Guild Wars 2, but in that directory are serveral Local.dat files, one for each character. Are you using a virtual Local.dat for each character? I am using that option so that the login information is stored separately for each character. If that is not set up, it seems it would try to refer to a single Local.dat file for all users and the game would not allow it on the second start-up for the game.
<<

jimthev

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:36 pm

Prepared wrote:Ok, my Local.dat is also stored in My Documents\Guild Wars 2, but in that directory are serveral Local.dat files, one for each character. Are you using a virtual Local.dat for each character? I am using that option so that the login information is stored separately for each character. If that is not set up, it seems it would try to refer to a single Local.dat file for all users and the game would not allow it on the second start-up for the game.

Thanks for the help, I found that setting and changed it so my problem should vanish. Here's looking to the 25th!

Return to Guild Wars 2