FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

HOWTO: Multibox Guild Wars 2 on one PC

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:19 pm

HOWTO: Multibox Guild Wars 2 on one PC

Guild Wars 2 does not normally allow you to launch multiple instances of the game on one PC. Inner Space and ISBoxer can effectively sandbox Guild Wars 2 in order to let it happen. This guide uses multiple game folders to manage part of that sandboxing.

1. Minimum ISBoxer version
Be on the latest ISBoxer, currently that is 40.3.825.1 (Help->About ISBoxer)

2. Minimum Inner Space version
Be on the latest Inner Space development build, currently that is build 5668 (right click IS, select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up).

3. Make additional folders
You'll want a copy of the Guild Wars 2 folder for each instance of the game you want to run. You are expected to know how to do this step on your own for the purposes of this guide; sorry. :) Nothing special about the copies, just get yourself multiple Guild Wars 2 folders.

4. Add Game to Inner Space
Use "Add Game" from the Inner Space menu for each folder you created in step 3. This will set up a "Game" and "Game Profile" for use in the Quick Setup Wizard (step #5).

5. Run the Quick Setup Wizard
Run the wizard... Select Guild Wars 2 from the first drop-down box (instead of "Other") and it will set up GW2-specific options as needed.

The wizard only lets you pick one Game and Game Profile, even though you configured multiple Games and Game Profiles in step #4. That's okay. Just pick the first one. We're going to change them in Step #6 below.

6. Configure the Game and Game Profile per Character
In the top left pane, under Characters, select each Character. Then in the bottom right pane, there are drop-down boxes for Game and Game Profile. Point each Character that will be online at the same time to a different Game and Game Profile.

7. Done
All standard from there, see the Quick Start Guides if needed.
<<

homecourt

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:56 am

Re: HOWTO: Multibox Guild Wars 2 on one PC

I was having trouble getting the second instance to launch after making a copy of my GW2 folder.

I ended up finding this post...

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2634&start=0

which helped me get things working.

It is a Guild Wars 1 post, but it worked perfectly for me. Just thought I'd link it here in case it might help others dealing with the same issue.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:36 am

homecourt wrote:I was having trouble getting the second instance to launch after making a copy of my GW2 folder.

What kind of trouble? It sounds like you might have skipped picking "Guild Wars 2" in the first drop-down box, perhaps left it as "Other". The thread you linked is related to the settings you'd be missing.
<<

homecourt

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:26 pm

I had Guild Wars 2 in the first drop down and then had Guild Wars 2 and Guild Wars 2 Default Profile as my Game/Game Profile dropdowns. I set up a second profile for my second account and tacked the word 2nd onto both of those. I wasn't able to get the second log in to pop up initially. After I found that old thread and tried that I was able to log in. Obviously, I know almost nothing about the inner workings of the program. What could have happened in my situation is that the second account log in appeared underneath the first profile window and I never saw it during my initial attempts. If you'd like I can go and pull the .reg files out and set everything back to the initial state and see if that was what happened. Let me know. I don't mind taking the time if you'd like to know for certain.
<<

homecourt

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:39 pm

I was just watching the Packers game so I went ahead and reset everything. It works fine. I don't know if it was hidden underneath or just never loaded. This time, I loaded Slot 1 no problem then went and loaded Slot 2 and nothing happened. But I clicked a second time after a couple seconds and got the login window. So user error or slow load it's all good. Feel free to just delete our little conversation here to avoid causing any confusion to anyone else. Thanks for the response. :D
<<

gatsupl

Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:53 am

I think I have done everything exaclty as stated here but the game launcher runs only once. Running sec configuration (that is using separate folder to run gw2.exe) just redirects me to the game that is already running. Any suggestion how to run launcher for the sec time?

Just realised last post was made ages ago. Is this even still working with gw2?
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:34 am

If my recollection is correct, they cracked down on any and all forms of multiboxing. If you're caught, you'll get banned regardless of how you're passing keystrokes or broadcasting.

Then again I could be wrong. I haven't followed the game since shortly after launch.
<<

gatsupl

Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:04 pm

So if all I want to do is craft with other accout and play with first one I get banned too? Thats rly stupid - I mean I can run gw2 from secondary pc..........well after it gets repaired anyway thats why wanted to try to run 2 instances on 1 pc for now.

Return to Guild Wars 2