FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Guild Wars 2

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Prepared

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:03 pm

Guild Wars 2

You may want to create a Guild Wars 2 section under games. Those that prepurchased the game can download the guild wars 2 beta client now. I've downloaded it and it acts the same as Guild Wars did but instead of having gw.exe and gw.dat, the names are gw2.exe and gw.dat. Meaning that it only allows one copy of the client to be running as Guild Wars did. It appears that it can be tricked into running two copies of the game like with Guild Wars. It appears to work fine with Octopus, but I don't know how to configure ISBoxer to run it as there is no game profile for Guild Wars 2 listed.

As with Guild Wars, it can be played in windowed or full screen. It appears to have a cut down number of options in the menu than did Guild Wars, but it's still in beta and I've read that it will be extended before launch. The beta weekend event starts tomorrow at noon pacific time. I'm planning to play until Sunday morning. If there is anything you want me to try with ISBoxer, I'd be willing to try to get it working with Guild Wars 2. I just don't know how to set up a profile for it.

I prepurchased 5 copies and am planning to multibox the beta. Got them all registered and received the email for the beta invite. If I can't get ISBoxer working, I'll use Octopus.

Prepared
<<

eq2ourbust

Post Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:41 pm

Re: Guild Wars 2

what is octopus is that like sandboxie?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:29 pm

I don't know how to configure ISBoxer to run it as there is no game profile for Guild Wars 2 listed.

Any of the Quick Start Guides answer this question. ;)
http://isboxer.com/wiki/Quick_Start_Guide_40
Right click IS, select Add Game, point it to gw2.exe.

I'll be working on it during this beta event; as of right now Inner Space doesn't handle input (e.g. hotkeys) in this game
<<

volkl

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Let us know if you've had any luck as I'm very interested in this. Game is down atm so I can't get anything to work.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:00 pm

I have. HOWTO post coming soon. :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:34 pm

Here's the HOWTO: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2308

Also, Guild Wars 1 was previously broken with Inner Space; it should also be working. If anyone has multiple GW1 accounts to try it with, let me know ;)
<<

volkl

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:35 pm

Awesome! Hey prepared how do you plan on auto following in the game? I don't think there is an auto follow.
<<

jimthev

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Great news. I wasn't able to test this out for this BWE, but I'll try it on the next one.
<<

volkl

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Worked great for me. Just need to figure out how I would move multiple toons around. I don't think there is any follow command so moving together is a huge issue.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:48 pm

There's no follow in D3 either.

So you'd probably be best off with broadcasting exactly the same to each window.
And periodically get them stuck on the same corner/object, so they can align with each other.
That or manually adjust their positioning, so as to stack better.

Guild Wars could easily have a macro system or follow in place, by the time the game goes live.
Not saying it will, but it will want to be competitive with other games out there, and that's a feature almost everyone else has in their games.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
Next

Return to Guild Wars 2