FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Having issues since going from 2 to 4 games

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Evolve

Post Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:22 pm

Having issues since going from 2 to 4 games

Normally I would just run 2 clients, but yesterday I purchased another 2 games and started to run 4 clients. This has caused a bit of an issue and I am not sure why. I am suspecting similar emails maybe confusing the software perhaps?
What is happening is I have 4 email addresses for each diablo game. 3 of them are similar. Example: email1,email2,email3. The 4th game has a totally different email.

Now in the past I would run 2 games each with totally different emails and when I would launch the games the email/account names would automatically be there and the game settings would be totally independent. Such as sound options or video options. Now that I am running 4 games and have 3 of the accounts with similar email addresses (email1,email2,email3) I have problems. The accounts on the similar emails never remember the right user name when the games are launched.
It will put maybe email2 in all the login boxes or maybe it will put email2 in to of games login boxes.
The next problem is that the in game settings are not being remembered independently anymore as well.
The account that has a totally different email address does not seem to be affected by any of this. It’s still working as it was before.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:49 pm

Re: Having issues since going from 2 to 4 games

This is (usually) a result of copying Characters in ISBoxer and simply renaming them, rather than letting the Quick Setup Wizard create them. Characters, for most games, have Virtual Files tied directly to them so that ISBoxer can virtualize them (e.g. video settings, login information, etc.). The Wizard does this, and it's why we suggest to people to "just use the Wizard" when creating new Characters or adding Slots to a Character Set.

So, your options are:

1) Just use the Wizard to recreate these Characters inside of ISBoxer (you can also delete them, or File > Clear if you'd like).
    2) Manually adjust the Virtual Files assigned to each Character by looking at everything listed under the Virtual Files tree (in the upper left pane), learning how everything is organized, and renaming/assigning them accordingly.
<<

Evolve

Post Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: Having issues since going from 2 to 4 games

thanks for the info. I will try going over everything again and see if that does the trick.

By the way, any idea why those toggles in the top left hand corner of the screen are always on or at least look like they are on when I first open games? I know they aren't on since the one that allows me to send all mouse and keyboard strokes to all clients doesn't do anything until I click it even though its green and looks like its turned on after I first launch.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected