FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Windows Scaling

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mcollins27

Post Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:12 pm

Windows Scaling

If you have Windows Scaling enabled does it make the Diablo 3 windows larger than they should be?

I ask because on my 4k screen with scaling at 100% the windows all lined up correctly (I did a 4 grid on one screen so 1920x1080 perfectly in each corner)

When I have scaling on, though, the windows look scaled up and they no longer fit.

I tried to recreate the windows layout, but it didn't fix it.

Changing the scaling back to 100% fixes it, but it's sort of annoying to have to remember to change it (especially if I accidentally launch the group with it wrong and have to wait for all 4 to launch to exit it.)

Thanks much in advance!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:11 pm

Re: Windows Scaling

Yes, scaling in Windows breaks Window Layouts.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:58 pm

You could try setting an Application Compatibility setting for this (we normally recommend against them, but this has a specific scenario), which may help alleviate the issue with swapping back and forth.

The setting is either (depending on version of Windows 10),
"Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" or
"Override high DPI scaling behaviour. Scaling performed by:" and select Application in the drop down.

You would need to set this on the Diablo III.exe (and/or the diablo-64.exe)
<<

mcollins27

Post Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:16 pm

oh ok I'll check that out - good to know!

Unrelated - I've been running them in a grid and although it's a bit small, I think I prefer this to the swapping (I ran it swapped a couple years ago)

I have a hotkey to toggle broadcast, so I click on the other windows to pick up stuff occasionally. Trouble is if I re-enable broadcast from the right two screens the mouse isn't really there so in essence I'm just controlling the one screen still. I have to move it back left to get the mouse in all 4 screens.

I'm not sure I understand how it knows where to broadcast from. I can see my main mouse pretty easily (it's the one that moves the smoothest), so upon moving it to other windows it still controls all 4. But if I toggle broadcast off, THEN move to one of the right two characters, THEN toggle broadcast back on, I only have control in whatever right character I am on.

I've tried to get in the habit of moving the mouse back left after enabling broadcast again, but invariably I have already sent one guy careening off the wrong direction.

I'm not sure if this makes any sense, but thanks for any help on this!
<<

mcollins27

Post Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:53 pm

bob wrote:You could try setting an Application Compatibility setting for this (we normally recommend against them, but this has a specific scenario), which may help alleviate the issue with swapping back and forth.

The setting is either (depending on version of Windows 10),
"Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" or
"Override high DPI scaling behaviour. Scaling performed by:" and select Application in the drop down.

You would need to set this on the Diablo III.exe

That totally worked! Sending you some internet karma.

Thank you very much!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:15 pm

Thinking about your other issue, it is probably more that I don't understand the scenario properly.

As a general rule with a D3, config, when you enable broadcasting, it enables it from all windows, i.e. it shouldn't matter where you then put the mouse, broadcasting works. It should also allow you to disable broadcasting from any window.

If this is not the case, then chances are the setting for the character set is not using the following.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected