FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Authenticator Hell

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Dreamless

Post Tue May 16, 2017 7:47 am

Authenticator Hell

Hey!

Really hopeful someone can provide a solution for this because it's super frustrating. Is there ANY way to launch Diablo 3 (Skip Lancher) and NOT be forced to authenticate?

I am prompted to authenticate every time, even if I ONLY log into my first account and no other accounts. If I hit logout and try to log back in, I get prompted to authenticate. Out of desperation I even copied the "Authenticator" registry key from Battle.net into Battle.net-ISBoxer/charname as it was the only key that wasn't present. It appears I might be able to resolve this by using the launcher but I am deeply hopeful there is a no launcher solution as well.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/solutions!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed May 17, 2017 2:03 am

Re: Authenticator Hell

Dreamless wrote:Is there ANY way to launch Diablo 3 (Skip Lancher) and NOT be forced to authenticate?
I suspect if you remove the authenticator option from your Battle.Net account, then you will no longer be required to authenticate.

Other than that, this post on dual-boxing.com explains the issue and how to work with an authenticator with less annoyance.
<<

Dreamless

Post Wed May 17, 2017 1:11 pm

bob wrote:
Dreamless wrote:Is there ANY way to launch Diablo 3 (Skip Lancher) and NOT be forced to authenticate?
I suspect if you remove the authenticator option from your Battle.Net account, then you will no longer be required to authenticate.

Other than that, this post on dual-boxing.com explains the issue and how to work with an authenticator with less annoyance.

As the information in my original post illustrates, I have taken the steps in that guide, they do not appear to be applicable for Diablo.
<<

Upsilon

Post Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:42 pm

There is a freeware program called winauth that simulates the authentication app - you can put multiple authentications in there and it has a list and you can copy and paste - that's what I do with my 4 accounts, it is a bit of a PITA but it's not terrible.

https://winauth.github.io/winauth/download.html

Also you can remove the dual facor authentication from your accounts and you won't ever have to enter one. You do that on Blizzards website.
<<

KriS

Post Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:41 am

Hi,

I did back to Diablo from long time and have the same problem...

I always did have configured 2way auth and never haven't problem with this... what was change? Blizz change smth with Battle.net app/accounts or it's Innerspace change?
Even if I try place shortcut from Innerspace on my desktop called "Diablo III - Diablo III (64-bit) - Skip Launcher" and run only one client I still need to auth with pass and authenticator.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected