FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

UPDATE: Fix for Diablo 3 patch 2.4.3 is now LIVE

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:20 am

Re: UPDATE: Fix for Diablo 3 patch 2.4.3 is now LIVE

Devile wrote:Just sent you an email with both files. Thanks a lot!

Got them, thanks. This does appear to be related to the original crash. I am looking into it as I am posting this, and hopefully will have another update for you to try today.

On a side note, while reviewing your D3Debug.txt I noticed a bug in the way they generate it. I tweeted a report at them -- https://twitter.com/LaxLacks/status/820649281296224256
Check it out. In this screenshot, "RIP" means the same thing as "EIP" (where it says EIP it should actually RIP for x64... and x86 Registers should say x64 Registers)
So as they are listing out where someone should be looking for problems -- EIP/RIP being a code location ("instruction pointer") -- they are giving 2 different incorrect values, followed by a memory dump with the correct value (highlighted). All 3 should show the highlighted value ;)
<<

Memberwind

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:48 am

I'm getting this everytime.
I've sent you D3Debug.txt and App-0.dmp for investigation
Attachments
d3isboxer.jpg
d3isboxer.jpg (123.6 KiB) Viewed 20632 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:33 am

Both the screenshots from devile and Memberwind hide the actual current version of Inner Space at the bottom of the window, just fyi. The version shown in the latest patch notes is not necessarily what you have installed.

No matter though, both of you are reporting the same crash which appears to be Window Layout related. I reproduced your crash by trying to force Inner Space to use a display that does not exist on my system, and subsequently I have issued Inner Space development build 6159 with the following fix:
Code:
- Direct3D 11 renderer will now pop up a message if an invalid display is forced

Note: This can happen from physically changing your monitor setup, or from a driver update.

Try it out. Right click Inner Space, select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. After updating, try launching your team again. Based on your crash logs, both of you should get a message that looks something like ....
Code:
Inner Space is trying to use only the display <A TECHNICAL NAME>, which cannot be found. To continue with the primary display instead (which may not behave/perform as desired), click OK; otherwise, click Cancel to report no display to the game, which may immediately crash.

If you get this message, you can temporarily work around it by clicking "OK" (to have it use the primary display), but the long term fix is to go back into ISBoxer Toolkit, delete the Window Layout you have on your Character Set, and then use the Window Layout Wizard to give it a fresh one.

Please try the development build and let me know. Thanks!
<<

Devile

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:22 pm

Tried that version and works, but getting this error now:

This doesn't happen with the 32 bit client. No clue why it's going for that display. Pressing OK loads the game, but I get several of those per account which is a bit annoying.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:34 pm

Devile wrote:Tried that version and works, but getting this error now:

This doesn't happen with the 32 bit client. No clue why it's going for that display. Pressing OK loads the game, but I get several of those per account which is a bit annoying.

It doesn't happen with the 32-bit client because the 32-bit client uses Direct3D 9, not Direct3D 11. The 64-bit client uses Direct3D 11, not Direct3D 9. The 64-bit client will have different behavior than the 32-bit client in many cases.

Re-pasting from the original post, with more emphasis:
If you get this message, you can temporarily work around it by clicking "OK" (to have it use the primary display), but the long term fix is to go back into ISBoxer Toolkit, delete the Window Layout you have on your Character Set, and then use the Window Layout Wizard to give it a fresh one.

The error is in your ISBoxer configuration. Your current Window Layout has outdated monitor info. Creating a new Window Layout will use current monitor info.
<<

Devile

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:52 pm

Thanks a lot. I'll press ok for now. Will redo the display settings later on. I remember I did a bunch of stuff in there and most likely will break my setup :D
<<

Memberwind

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:40 pm

Works!

I've created new window layout to avoid this popup.

PS Is this possible to have only one big region and additional 3 (smaller ones) not displayed at all but still be able to switching between characters ? I want to play on Region 1 full screen and dont have any other displayed but still play 4 characters at once. If so, will it improve performance ?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Memberwind wrote:Works!

I've created new window layout to avoid this popup.

PS Is this possible to have only one big region and additional 3 (smaller ones) not displayed at all but still be able to switching between characters ? I want to play on Region 1 full screen and dont have any other displayed but still play 4 characters at once. If so, will it improve performance ?

You can use Full Screen Stacked from the Window Layout Wizard. Whether or not they are shown at the time will not affect performance; they must be rendering in order to be playing. Whether the other windows are smaller (scaled down) or the original size will not affect performance; they must all be rendering the same size in order for Mouse Broadcasting to be perfect.
<<

Devile

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:50 pm

Did the display wizard and the popup is gone, but there's a bug with the new "Large Cursor". If u use it, it disappears from the DxNothing screen. Only the regular cursor works.

PS: Was using Yolomouse and now that I changed my display, I can't see the Yolomouse there when my main monitor is the active display :/
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:57 pm

MiRai had confirmed the Large Cursor issue as well, I will look into it soon. Thanks :)
Previous

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected