FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

"Activate next window" bug ?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

silehapciucu

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:41 am

"Activate next window" bug ?

Hey guys !

I`m using Isboxer with D3 for like 3 years now, everything went good till last couple patches when that panels layout where u select broadcast key, activate next window etc was changed.

At least thats when i saw this happen the first time...

So im dealing with the following situation : creating my 4x team, going for basic 30-60 FPS in wizard setup, then go to character set and change the region layout

I`m using 1920x1080, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0 so i`m seeing the game as it would be just one license full screen, the others are hidden (0x0, 0x0, 0x0) so when i use my activate next window button (mouse wheel down) it brings up the first 0x0 makes it 1920x1080, the initial 1920x1080 one becomes 0x0 and so on.

This worked perfectly but now the problem is whenever and wherever i click mouse, either mouse buttons on the main window (1920x1080) instead of clicking in that particular place where it should, it seems the click doesnt touch the place i point it to, but instead changes between my accounts so to put it directly somehow my mouse buttons are taking over that activate next window function.

After clicking for multiple times, it stops changing between accounts, game works all good untill i manually change to another account, that moment it starts again (wherever i click, it just switches between accounts).

Dunno if it helps but i noticed the mouse cursor changes aswell while doing all this, games mouse cursor becomes the basic W10 one, as u would be somehow "outside" the game.

When the whole switching between accounts stop, the mouse cursor remains the one from the game, as it is supposed to...

Can u please help me out as i have no idea what to do, mbox setup is all good, been using it for years so im pretty sure its just some kind of bug :(

I`m using W10 64bit, everything clean, just reinstalled all and updated all.

Thank you very much !
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:02 am

Re: "Activate next window" bug ?

I think the first thing will be to share your config so we can see if we can replicate the issue. A compatibility diagnostic wouldn't go astray either.
<<

silehapciucu

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:38 am

Sure thing, on it.

Just reinstalled windows, tried with the old W7 and its the same situation...

So i got back on W10, will shortly provide the info required.

Many thanks !
<<

silehapciucu

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:29 am

http://pastebin.com/TzMMr8z3

http://pastebin.com/qDznJgfU

FIrst time i`m doing this, hope i managed it somehow :)
<<

bob

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:42 am

Ok, I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary, and I'm going to give what you are doing a whirl. I thought that you might have a few other actions in play for the next window actions, but apparently not. There also isn't anything too wildly sticking out in the Compat Diags either.

OOC, any particular reason why you are using a 0,0 window size for the background windows over using a Stacked Fullscreen Layout? There wont be any performance benefit between the two as the game is still rendering at 1920x1080 even when the display size is 0,0.
That said, it would be the first thing to try. Using a "Stacked full screen on \\.\DISPLAY1 (No Swapping)" layout, and see if the same issue occurs. If it does, then there may be some issue with Synapse or one of the other addons you have. If it does not, then maybe some of the recent changes for VideoFX layouts are not compatible with a 0,0 region size (You could also try a 1,1 size to test this).

Anyway, another thing with all your reinstalling of Windows, is that you will need to regenerate the Window Layout each time you do this because there is no guarantee that the internal monitor references that ISBoxer stores will match up with the internal monitor references that Windows generates after it detects your monitors. Most of the time these don't change, but a Windows reinstall, a service pack, and on the odd occasion a graphics driver update (thankfully this one doesn't occur too often) will require your Window Layout to be regenerated because Windows' internal references for the monitors changes.
<<

silehapciucu

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:14 am

bob wrote:
OOC, any particular reason why you are using a 0,0 window size for the background windows over using a Stacked Fullscreen Layout? There wont be any performance benefit between the two as the game is still rendering at 1920x1080 even when the display size is 0,0.
That said, it would be the first thing to try. Using a "Stacked full screen on \\.\DISPLAY1 (No Swapping)" layout, and see if the same issue occurs. If it does, then there may be some issue with Synapse or one of the other addons you have. If it does not, then maybe some of the recent changes for VideoFX layouts are not compatible with a 0,0 region size (You could also try a 1,1 size to test this).

Anyway, another thing with all your reinstalling of Windows, is that you will need to regenerate the Window Layout each time you do this because there is no guarantee that the internal monitor references that ISBoxer stores will match up with the internal monitor references that Windows generates after it detects your monitors. Most of the time these don't change, but a Windows reinstall, a service pack, and on the odd occasion a graphics driver update (thankfully this one doesn't occur too often) will require your Window Layout to be regenerated because Windows' internal references for the monitors changes.

Thank you very much for the quick response mate !

The reason i used 0x0 for the 3 alts was because im currently on one monitor setup so i have my main 1920x1080 and the other 3 ones 0x0 and dont wanna see them and cut the mains layout as and i play with sounds so i hear the legendaries drop and i just switch between accounts when needed to pick them up using mouse wheel down (that moment those 0x0 become my main, takes over the resolution and all that)

Everytime i reinstalled windows i did all the setup from scratch, done this like 20 times since i discovered the program like 3 years ago and never had any issue :(

I tried now "Stacked full screen on \\.\DISPLAY1 (No Swapping)" with 4x 1920x1080 works perfectly !!

Thank you very very much for this one !!!!

I have another problem though now with broadcasting it seems...so i started the session with broadcast on, as usually, put the passwords and logged the toons, made the party and all good.

They are synced everything works fine untill i make account 3 or 4 the "main", they dont sync with the rest, they move alone as if broadcast wouldnt be ON (even though i havent touched it since i made the party).

If i press broadcast ON while on account 3 or 4, it does the same as 1 and 2 (carries whole group) and it works perfectly

Is it possible only account 1 and 2 started with broadcast ON ? And if yes, how can i change it so its the old way, all 4 licenses start with broadcast ON ?

Thank you very much !
<<

silehapciucu

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:39 am

Deleted all profiles and made a new one, checked both boxes at broadcast toggle setup, all good now !

So the conclusion was it didnt like 1920x1080 + 3x 0x0, i switched to 4x 1920x1080 and was all good.

Thank you very much for all the help !
<<

bob

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:42 am

Superb.
I was going to answer the previous question with a long explanation of what it should be doing re: repeater etc, but if a recreation of the profile solved it, then lets not worry about it :).

Now, for my own curiosity, just need to see why a 0,0 display size does funny things.
<<

silehapciucu

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:59 am

Hehe dunno what messed the 0x0 res recently, it certainly worked for me for like 3 years thats why it seemed so odd...

Again, many many thanks mate, owe u big time !

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected