FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse display issue with multiple monitors

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Prepared

Post Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:31 pm

Mouse display issue with multiple monitors

In the past I've streamed my Diablo III game play using 4 separate computers. However with this configuration I'm unable to display each client cleanly to the stream as I'm doing things. So I am in the process of setting up multiple monitors attached to a strong desktop computer instead and use character swapping to display the character to the stream. I don't want to change my game play style which is that I move my mouse to the other screens. I only want to use the multiple monitors during streaming to show viewers what I'm doing.

Using multiple monitors with Diablo III appears to have a display issue with the mouse when moving the mouse to another screen on another monitor. I am using full screen windowed mode with 3 monitors and 3 copies of Diablo III at the moment. My desktop computer has a GeForce 690 and it can output up to four monitors at the same time. I have the display extended to 3 monitors for now until I get my DisplayPort cable for the 4th monitor. The extended display works fine with Windows 7 professional. I have tried various different options in the Window Layout and while each gives a different option, all of them seem to have the same issue once the mouse is clicked on another monitor than the main one. I have "Swap Hot character to main region" set to "only when I press a Slot activate hotkey" because I'm using keys to select which character to swap during my stream display of the character I'm working with. The swapping works great and have not seen any issues with it. I have tried "Focus game windows via mouse without clicking (Focus follows mouse)" but this causes the mouse to disappear once it is scrolled to another monitor. When I click with this setting, the mouse shows up but things I click on do not appear and the mouse pointer disappears. The operation of the mouse works just doesn't display. If I uncheck "Focus game windows via mouse without clicking (Focus follows mouse)" and try the three different options for "When clicking to focus a window, the game should" : "do what it normally does", "treat it like any other click" or "ignore the click"; the mouse will always disappear once something is clicked in the window on the 2nd or 3rd monitor and the item picked up won't show on the mouse cursor. When I move the mouse back to the main window on the 1st monitor, all is fine with the mouse on it. The display issue with the mouse is only when the mouse is moved to another monitor.

Each time I tried an option I shut down the game, exported to InnerSpace to ensure there was no issue with updating the configuration. Is this a known issue that I can correct? I've looked through the Common monifications at "http://isboxer.com/wiki/Common_modifications#Window_switching" and have done some searching on mulitple monitors but it appears that almost everyone uses character swapping to play on the main screen monitor any way. And as stated that works great. It's only when I attempt to scroll to other monitor that I'm having mouse cursor display issues within Diablo III.

EDIT: I'm using the latest release of Innerspace dev build and latest ISBoxer Version 41.13.307.2

Forgot to mention mouse broadcasting works fine also. The mouse cursor display issue occurs when I'm attempting to pick up things in my inventory while moving the mouse to another monitor.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:14 am

Re: Mouse display issue with multiple monitors

It has come up previously. viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6137
No word on whether Lax managed to find the cause, but is seems to be a game oddity.

Have you tried setting the game to Windowed, and just setting the resolution of the Active Region (if it is not detected automatically)?.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:26 am

Re: Mouse display issue with multiple monitors

The same workaround from that thread should work fine. You should be able to put separate dxNothing windows on each of those monitors, each with a Video FX view of a specific game window, and end up with basically the same appearance but without the cursor issue.

I am working on a couple different cursor issues at the moment, hopefully this can get cleared up.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected