FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

been gone for 3 weeks - come back to 2.1.2 and this error...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:13 am

Re: been gone for 3 weeks - come back to 2.1.2 and this error...

Edit: on a side note when i patched to 6069 comodo firewall didnt ask what to do with the executable, so i dont know if the exe didnt change from 23 but if it did then i either didnt patch correctly or something.

Inner Space builds since 6037 have been digitally signed, which typically means relaxed restrictions from security/AV products. The older builds will probably cause the typical "program is unrecognized" alerts.

I have another test build for you based on the information on this thread and the debug logs/dumps I've gotten so far. Build 6070, now the development build of Inner Space. As with before, right click Inner Space and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. Let me know if that works for you. Thanks :)
<<

Badisar

Post Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:46 am

Didnt work for me, same issue, 2 seconds of Icon then Crash.

Edit: New Diag, got rid of Synapse so no more of that gamewatcher thingy http://privatepaste.com/6861f6da74
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:30 am

Thanks for checking.

Can you help me rule out Comodo? Uninstall COMODO Firewall, reboot and see if that changes anything. I might try Avast while you're at it, but a lot of people use that and I haven't seen any issues with it recently.

Please also try closing DisplayFusion (don't need to uninstall that for testing)

Also, ISBoxer build 41.12.220.1 (just released now) includes improved output for the crash diagnostics. Update via Help->About ISBoxer, and if you still have the issue with those programs ruled out, get me a fresh diagnostic with the new version (without those programs running).

For comparison, here is Diagnostics for game crashes from my most recent attempt to duplicate the problem (which I failed to do, it worked fine). http://privatepaste.com/f5d23f8e81 -- you'll see that I have DisplayFusion installed but not actually running, and I have COMODO Firewall installed and running. I still suspect it is related to COMODO because this specifically loads the things that are being specified in your d3debug.txt and dmp files, so if you uninstall that, it should rule that out, and hopefully if it crashes we'll see something else in the d3debug.txt and dmp files.

edit: I had the wrong diagnostic linked
<<

Badisar

Post Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:57 am

This seemed to fix the issue, thanks for the work. Ill mess around with a fresh install of comodo and see if i can get it to work. http://privatepaste.com/c42f1cdde1
<<

Badisar

Post Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:03 pm

Tried installing latest comodo and thats a no go. what version/options are you doing?

Edit: Seems comodo has keep setting/rule sets going to use revo to decimate it and try again.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:18 pm

Thank you for confirming. I am happy that we have at least identified the specific program :) Now if I can just get it to crash for me..

My test is with a clean install of COMODO Firewall from the free download here: https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/firewall.php
I haven't made any configuration changes to it for testing this issue, and I've tested on both Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.
<<

Badisar

Post Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:42 pm

Fuck it, going to just use ZoneAlarm.
<<

zartok

Post Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:00 pm

lax wrote:It may or may not be the same error (especially if the same workaround didn't help...), the only way to find out is for me to see your debug information. This is also the best way to get the problem fixed.

Open the Diablo 3 folder and find D3Debug.txt. E-mail this file to lax@lavishsoft.com. There may also be a file called app-0.dmp -- send that as well

Sendt :)

Got the error about 6 times before all the is-windows were able to open. But it may be something wrong with the virtual launcher files? Because the error showed up 6 times after launching one client, and when the 2nd one connected the others had no problem. Another thing to note is that it is not the same client that get the error, yesterday it was the 4th client that got the errors
<<

Nando

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:05 pm

Just wanted to throw my hat into the ring. This error is happening to me but it's completely random. I *do not* use COMODO firewall or any anti-virus. I run 4 copies of D3 and sometimes it happens when trying to load the first copy, other times with the second, third, or fourth. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all.

Either way, I simply reload the set and it continues loading the rest of the game windows. Within 1 or 2 attempts I've got them all loaded and everything works. What's weird is that it's totally not repeatable, just seemingly random.

I've sent an email to lax@lavishoft.com with the diagnostic as well as the d3debug and dump file from the D3 folder, in case it is of any use to you.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:21 am

I realize it is convenient for you all to assume your issue is the same because it's crashing for you and you're also playing D3 version 2.1.2. But please start a new thread -- thanks!

(This thread is now locked.)
Previous

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected