FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

4x minimap on 1 window tutorial request

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Maverick

Post Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:26 pm

4x minimap on 1 window tutorial request

I was skimming through forums and saw this.

"mioduas wrote:
Please advice me how to put 4x map from every account in diablo 3 (like u press TAB) on the up right corner.
Like this? There's no step-by-step tutorial on how to make that happen, but it's a mixture of Video FX, dxNothing, and Window State/Style Actions."

Could someone please make a step-by-step tutorial of the 4x minimap on main window if I paid them money? Ha. I really don't feel like playing guess and check with these functions/subset apps. And to optimize it the best way I feel would take too much effort. Please let me know. Thanks!
<<

Maverick

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:37 pm

Re: 4x minimap on 1 window tutorial request

Anyone?

Mirai? :)) Would love it if you could.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:44 pm

You mean like this one?
<<

Maverick

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:45 pm

yeah but geared towards the diablo 3 4x minimap on 1 window style like Mirai had done it (as I read in other posts). Nobody wants to make a few quick bucks? lol
<<

firescue17

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:56 pm

The game is irrelevant. The steps are the same.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:38 am

firescue17 wrote:The game is irrelevant. The steps are the same.

The setup in question is actually different and uses floating dxNothing regions.

Maverick wrote:Anyone?

Mirai? :)) Would love it if you could.

I'm sorry, but my situation hasn't changed and I still don't have the time at the moment to put together a written guide. I also haven't multiboxed D3 or even loaded up my D3 ISBoxer profile in quite some time, so I'm not even familiar with how to set it up at the moment. That being said, this setup also wasn't 100% perfect and there were times where the dxNothing windows would get "stuck" and I'd have to fiddle around with things or re-launch my Character Set.

Perhaps there will be a video in the future, but I have no ETA on that.
<<

Maverick

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:56 am

I'll pay you for your time! :) Maybe we can negotiate a price?

lol... Thanks for replying though.
<<

bob

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:40 am

As firescue17 pointed out you could follow the post he referred to. This may even alleviate some of the issues that MiRai had with the state of the dxNothing window.
It may even give you some ideas of you own about how you would prefer to set it up for your style.

However, the general steps as I see it are:

1. Add the dxNothing process to Innerspace as a game (http://isboxer.com/wiki/DxNothing)
2. Add a new slot to your character set, and put the dxNothing character in it.
3. Add a window region to you window layout for the location of the dxNothing character, which will house the mini maps. This will need to be in a different swap group (for sizing purposes), Always On Top = Off (in fact I think you need all the regions to be Off). Set this as the home region for the slot that has the dxNothing character.
4. Create the videoFX sources and viewers (plenty of guides on using the ISBoxer in game GUI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73ATj87X ... r_embedded or via mapped keys as per the post firescue17 referred to viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3695)
5. Create a Mapped Key to toggle the Foreground/Background state of the Slot that is the dxNothing character, with a Window State Action. If you make this a 2 stepper with a "press OR release" execution, then it should be that the dxNothing will appear when you press and hold the hotkey and drop off when you let it go again.

That's about it as far as the general steps go.
There may be a few extra little details needed for when you switch back to your current main in order to make sure the focus is right (which is probably why having pop up viewers may be better than a dxNothing). I vaguely recall some discussion on this in the chatroom.

As I don't have 4 D3 accounts, I can't really give you a D3 specific step by step guide sadly, despite the need for some income :)
<<

Maverick

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:47 am

Thanks bob, I'll start off trying the steps you suggested and post here with my results.

And not having 4 accounts is not an excuse :), I can lend you couple of mine to fiddle with if you weren't kidding ha.
<<

Maverick

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:50 am

Ok so I played around with the dxnothing and videoFX sources and I'm getting the general hang of it. However, for the dxnothing char black box that is supposed to house the minimaps(which sits on top right of main screen), how do I put in the green viewer boxes when the whole thing is so tiny? I open up the GUI in the dxnothing character and its too small to use. So how am I supposed to get those viewer feeds aligned/sized correctly?
Next

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected