FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse / Cursor out of sync on computer computers

Moderator: MiRai

<<

pboyvb

Post Tue May 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Mouse / Cursor out of sync on computer computers

Hello,
I am trying to get 2 characters setup in Diablo 3.
My primary will be on my PC (windows 7, 1920/1080 Resolution)
and my slave will also be running on the same PC, but through vmware (windows 7, 1920/1080 Resolution).
I have the resolution of the vmware up higher than I would like, but I just wanted to make sure that desktop resolution didn't play a factor into my issue.

Here is my configuration for the main account:
http://www.privatepaste.com/85573c93cf

Here is my configuration for the vmware account:
http://www.privatepaste.com/287a481531

As you will see I have both window layouts set to 1920x780. However, if you look at the attached screenshot the resolutions definitely appear differently in game. I've tried using Reset regions but that hasn't been completely successful.
The closest I can manage to get the cursors to line up (see where the menu buttons are highlighted in the screenshot) is by doing the following:
1. Matching resolutions in window layouts
2. Enabling Swapping on VMware
3. Switch the repeater profile on VMware to scale to fit (tried scaled to fit from top corner, and center)

With all of those options set, my vertical position is perfect. The horizontal position is good at the center (if using scale to fit at center etc.) but gets drastically worse as I move the mouse further away from that point.

Any help that you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Attachments
2014-05-06 18_27_09-2014-05-06 18_16_43-Clipboard.jpg
2014-05-06 18_27_09-2014-05-06 18_16_43-Clipboard.jpg (273.54 KiB) Viewed 6600 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 06, 2014 5:37 pm

Re: Mouse / Cursor out of sync on computer computers

In both game instances, go into the in-game video options, and set the windowed mode setting to Windowed (Fullscreen).

The latest build of ISBoxer (41.8.0506.1, released in the last few hours) checks this setting for you. In ISBoxer, you can go to Help->About ISBoxer, and click the update link if provided. After updating, an Export to Inner Space will check whether the game's settings file has this option set correctly, and warn you if it is not
<<

pboyvb

Post Tue May 06, 2014 5:58 pm

Lax,
Both game instances are already set to Windowed (Fullscreen).
Also... I was doing research on this problem earlier and I saw that you recommended updating Isboxer to the newer version... So I have already tried updating...
In both cases (main pc & VMware) I click "update now" isboxer quits and restarts. If I go back to help > About... The version number is still 41.8.429.1

Update: I got it worked perfectly.
The issue was with my D3 Prefs file in VMware. I'm not sure how isboxer generates this file, but the resolution numbers were off.
I copy/pasted what resolutions I listed in my pc to the vmware and restarted everything. Worked like a charm.

Any idea why I can't update my isboxer version?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 06, 2014 6:10 pm

Any idea why I can't update my isboxer version?

Fixed, my bad

The issue was with my D3 Prefs file in VMware. I'm not sure how isboxer generates this file, but the resolution numbers were off.
I copy/pasted what resolutions I listed in my pc to the vmware and restarted everything. Worked like a charm.

ISBoxer copies the virtualized files from the main d3prefs.txt, the only setting it will affect is the windowed mode setting, and only in the new version

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected