FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

starting my characters but game immediatly hangs

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Kralingen88

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:31 am

starting my characters but game immediatly hangs

Hi! so i just wanted to play with my 4x characters. i update innerspace and then diablo 3 (not through innerspace etc). and it updates fine.

But when i want to start my multiboxing my first(main) screen opens and i klick "play diablo". a screen appers and then immediatly the game hangs.

really no clue what my next step is?

thanks in advance (sorry for any misspelled words)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:45 am

Re: starting my characters but game immediatly hangs

There's a new thread like this one literally every other day, it's already been answered in countless threads with pretty much the same title and the same text inside. It's explained in the Diablo 3 Quick Start Guide and in MiRai's Diablo 3 video. Here's the trick...

When you first launch Diablo 3 multiboxing with ISBoxer, it has to copy the cache, which will typically take a few minutes per instance. It will appear to hang during this time. If you click on the Diablo 3 logo/splash thing, Windows might even say the program is not responding. That's because it's copying the file; just be patient for a few minutes.

After the first time, the copy will not need to be made again until the next Diablo 3 patch, so future launches will happen at the normal speed. :)
<<

dendog

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:19 am

Does it normally take longer than 6 odd minutes?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:02 am

dendog wrote:Does it normally take longer than 6 odd minutes?

No not "normally", 3 minutes is usually about right. But it could take longer if your hard drive is slow enough.

If your hard drive is full then it can't finish copying though..
<<

Alfredo

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:17 pm

what about if you copy the game on your own 4 times on your hard disk, can isboxer be configured to use those 4 different locations instead of caching every single time you start it up?

I mean this is 4x 15gb every time you open it up
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Alfredo wrote:I mean this is 4x 15gb every time you open it up

But it isn't...

From the D3 Quick Start Guide:
Note: The first time you launch your Diablo 3 team, ISBoxer must copy the Cache for each instance. This may take a few minutes! Be patient while the game appears to do nothing during this time.
<<

Alfredo

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:16 pm

i figured, all 4 instances are starting within 1 minute here :) thx
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:38 pm

Alfredo wrote:i figured, all 4 instances are starting within 1 minute here :) thx

Just an FYI, anytime there's a patch you may have to let Inner Space go through the copy process again.
<<

kBaker88

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:02 pm

I also have to agree with this, I have let it sit for hours. I eventually get an error after letting it load for several hours. However, in the past I have used this exact file to play. So i do believe something has happened since one of the patches that hasn't allowed me to play. My game doesn't necessarily hang. It starts up a gray screen and says "Checking for updates..." and this continues the .... just goes back and fourth with a Diablo 3 logo next to it. Oh and im currently running 1.11 build (5899) pro and ISBoxer #41. So yes, I personally cant see this fixing itself as ive let it sit several times, yet if i start it up running normal Diablo 3 client i run into no problems
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:46 am

kBaker88 wrote:I also have to agree with this, I have let it sit for hours. I eventually get an error after letting it load for several hours. However, in the past I have used this exact file to play. So i do believe something has happened since one of the patches that hasn't allowed me to play. My game doesn't necessarily hang. It starts up a gray screen and says "Checking for updates..." and this continues the .... just goes back and fourth with a Diablo 3 logo next to it. Oh and im currently running 1.11 build (5899) pro and ISBoxer #41. So yes, I personally cant see this fixing itself as ive let it sit several times, yet if i start it up running normal Diablo 3 client i run into no problems

1. You can delete the custom Cache folders in order to reset it (C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\Cache-1, C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\Cache-2, C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\Cache-3, etc), and this works for some people to get playing again, particularly if it stopped working after a patch

2. If your hard drive is full, it may not be possible to copy the cache because it's out of room

3. If all else fails, show me the D3Debug.txt file in your Diablo 3 folder

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected