Cannot sync chars, mouse; need help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: Cannot sync chars, mouse; need help

Okay. I do have some good news for you.

At 0:14, your characters are not actually de-synced. What is de-synced is your game client's view of the other character's position. Luckily in your video you have both windows clearly visible. Check out the correct view in the small window! Your second character is precisely on top of your main, but it shows up wrong on the main screen. This happens because this is a client-server game, and the server is hosted over the Internet as opposed to your local network, plus the game is treating these as different characters (because they are) and may apply its movement algorithms slightly differently (and messages will be sent/received at slightly different times). To see where one of your guys really is, you have to look in his window, because the others might see him in the wrong place due to the game design.

At 0:28 the same thing happens. They look de-synced but they're not.

At 0:54, you do have your characters in different spots as confirmed in both windows. Your next move was correctly to line them back up and ram them into a corner to re-sync. This will absolutely positively expected, and will happen over time, and is why everyone who plays this game needs to know what to do to get their characters back together.
<<

vrfood

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:31 pm

I see. The characters are ontop of each other in the 2nd window, but why is the mouse cursor so much de-synced? Check the position of the cursor at 0:14, they are far apart, whereas at 0:28 there's hardly any difference between the positions of the two cursors.
lax wrote:To see where one of your guys really is, you have to look in his window, because the others might see him in the wrong place due to the game design.
I am aware of that, the problem is sometimes when this happens, a de-sync will actually happen right after that. I think it is due to the cursors pointing to a different place at the time. I might be wrong, however.

About 0:54 and the normalness of this situation..I have watched people stream multiboxing 4 characters without having this issue as often. Is it a question of better network/internet speed/quality or what?

Also, when i switch between the 2 windows, there appears to be a slight difference in the sync, the 2nd window is off my a little bit(measuring the cursor, it is about 1mm). I always assumed this is normal, tho, because the difference is next to none. Is that so? :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:26 pm

Err, actually at 0:14 I see now that your characters are in different positions in the two windows, but not stacked as I originally thought, they are actually de-synced. Your main is hidden behind the wall in this case and that's why the cursor is pointing to a different place in the game world.

Also, when i switch between the 2 windows, there appears to be a slight difference in the sync, the 2nd window is off my a little bit(measuring the cursor, it is about 1mm). I always assumed this is normal, tho, because the difference is next to none. Is that so? :)

I'm not sure what you mean, can you point to something in the videos or make another?
<<

vrfood

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:34 pm

Yeah, the chars are constantly de-syncing without me clicking or moving while casting skills. It is rather frustrating.

lax wrote:I'm not sure what you mean, can you point to something in the videos or make another?

It is kinda bizarre, i will make another video, but i don't know if it's gonna be easily visible. Follow my thoughts: obviously when you are looking at your windowed d3, it is static, right. When you switch to the 2nd window, using hotkey( i use f1/f2 and its blazing fast) the screens change, right. Screen 2 is where screen 1 used to be, but it is not the exactly same place; instead of that the whole screen 2 has moved a bit (say to the right). It is possible not to see this and i am pretty sure it is normal, but just checking. It is clearly visible when you switch between the two screens couple of times in a row. Since i am not moving the mouse while changing, the cursor also moves by a tiny bit. What my tinfoil hat theory about that suggests, is that miiiinor de-sync of the mouse with synced chars might cause the problems i experience. Most likely not tho :) i will come up with the video soon.
Previous

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected