FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cannot sync chars, mouse; need help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

vrfood

Post Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:56 pm

Cannot sync chars, mouse; need help

I am aware of the problems other people have had with the same thing. I have read the post about that (Tips: Resolutions,Windowed modes,Text,Swapping Speed). I tried all the tweaks suggested, including the three different window/fullscreen/windowed fullscreen modes. Also tried different fore- and background FPS settings in-game. Nothing worked. I am not able to sync my characters at all, they de-sync just by running for 2-5 seconds. Using just 2 chars for now till i figure out how to fix this issue; one pc with one monitor. Here is my configuration file as well. The cursor in the smaller, 2nd char window is visibly slower and usually points to a different place, even after syncing. Also tried to change settings in the CPU section with no success. Noticed that the FPS in different windows is different at first, it takes up to 2 seconds to reach the maximum (after switch). By the way, when i change to the fs windowed mode or the resolution i get the scrambled text stuff.
Really don't know what else to do, or whether i am doing something wrong. Help would be much appreciated.

http://www.privatepaste.com/ada89ed755 *tried to upload the file, it did not work for some reason. Here is the text out of the .xml file it is fine.

edit: I am using 1600x900 default resolution; also i just performed the "mouse out of sync" test that you have suggested (moving the mouse to the four corners of the screen) and i am pretty sure it's out of sync. To the left it seems fine, but to the right the cursor disappears off the 2nd client. It is off by at least 3-4 millimeters, maybe more.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:13 am

Re: Cannot sync chars, mouse; need help

Noticed that the FPS in different windows is different at first, it takes up to 2 seconds to reach the maximum (after switch).

The FPS meter is showing average FPS over a number of elapsed frames. Default settings will put the foreground window at 60 fps and background windows at 30 fps, so at the instant you switch windows, it will indeed show a different number. If you want it to always be the same, you can set the foreground and background settings both to 30 for example, during the Quick Setup Wizard, or by using the CPU Strategy Wizard.

edit: I am using 1600x900 default resolution; also i just performed the "mouse out of sync" test that you have suggested (moving the mouse to the four corners of the screen) and i am pretty sure it's out of sync. To the left it seems fine, but to the right the cursor disappears off the 2nd client. It is off by at least 3-4 millimeters, maybe more.

Unless you have the game windows in full screen mode, I guarantee you they are not in 1600x900 resolution with this configuration. Your Window Layout has it at 1440x720, so they are supposed to all be at 1440x720.

The fact that the cursor is not in the same position in all windows when you move the mouse to the bottom right corner means that beyond any smidgen of a doubt, your game windows are not rendering the same resolution.

Another problem you're going to run into is that you've removed D3Prefs.txt Virtual File from your characters, so when you play solo your settings are going to affect your multiboxing settings. So... when you go changing your solo setting to 1600x900 and probably even a different windowed mode, it's going to break your multiboxing settings. So I would put those back, first of all. (Worst case, you could go to File, Clear and run the Quick Setup Wizard again...)

And then, here's all you should need to do:
1. Launch your team with whatever settings you currently have (without removing D3Prefs.txt from virtualization...)
2. In the options screen, in every window, before you even have to log in, click Options and change the windowed mode to WINDOWED FULLSCREEN.
3. Close Diablo 3 so it saves the setting
4. Launch your team again.

At that point, assuming you have the latest builds of ISBoxer and Inner Space, the windows will each be in 1440x720 as specified in your Window Layout. And the cursor positions will, necessarily, be exactly the same...

The resolutions of all windows can be verified from any Inner Space Console window. You can right click IS and select Console, and it should pop up the main Inner Space window with a Console window in it. In that Console, enter in "relay all displayinfo" with no quotes, and each game instance will respond with its rendering resolution, window size, and whether full screen or windowed. If you continue to have problems, then a screenshot or copy/paste of that information might help.
<<

vrfood

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:40 am

First of all, Lax, thank you for looking into my post. Support is awesome, love it.

Now, i said
meaning that the default resolution (aka maximum supported) is 1600x900; i tried different resolutions in d3. Last one i used is 1440x900, which is equal to 1.6 ratio. 2nd client windows is at 480x300 which equals 1.6 ratio as well. Here is the pic of the console: http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/11709181/img/Anonymous/2.png

I think the cursors in both windows are at the same position, or veeeery slightly off, possibly my eyesight plays tricks on me. Anyhow, here is the screenshot: http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/11709166/img/Anonymous/12.png

Also, i enabled the D3Pref files for both of my characters. Here is the .xml file: http://www.privatepaste.com/ee926f7fa4

I followed your instructions specifically step by step; here is the picture of my d3 video options: http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/11709197/img/Anonymous/1.png

And yet, as soon as i sync the characters in-game and start to move, they de-sync quite fast(just by running without any sharp turns for a couple of seconds) here are pictures:
corner sync: http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/11709252/img/Anonymous/3.png
short route back to town de-sync: http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/11709266/img/Anonymous/4.png

Another thing that worries me is the fact, that the cursor reacts visibly slower in the 2nd client window when i move it very fast. Is that normal at all?

Problem persists, i am not able to play with 2 chars at the same time, since i have to re-sync them constantly. I hope i am not missing something stupidly and loosing your time.

Regards,
Food
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Thanks, your post shows that the resolution is (now) the same. At that point, it's not the cursor position's fault and it should be accurate in any corner of the screen.

Another thing that worries me is the fact, that the cursor reacts visibly slower in the 2nd client window when i move it very fast. Is that normal at all?

No, the cursor should move instantly. If you move the cursor around in circles very quickly, it should not appear to fall behind in the other windows.

If it does, then as discussed in the sync thread you can try to closely match the framerate of all of the windows. In the config you pasted, you have it set to 60 FPS for foreground and 30 FPS for background, so one window is potentially operating twice as fast as the other, and the mouse precision may be similarly affected. You can use the CPU Strategy Wizard if needed, but you would want to try setting both the foreground and background FPS to 30 in this case. Remember to Export to Inner Space after making these changes, although this change does not require a re-launch of your team. (Mostly just Window Layout related changes do.)
<<

vrfood

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:38 pm

Just tried that out and nothing changed;30/30 fps settings in the CUP wizard and the cursor in the 2nd client window is still sluggish. I am pretty sure that's what causes the de-sync. This is how it feels too, like one of the windows just responds slowly and in result when i walk the 2nd char goes to where the mouse used to be for the 1st char. At this point i really don't know what else to say/do.. Any ideas will be much appreciated lol :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Okay...

It sounds like you might not be getting a steady 30 in the background window. In the Console window you can "relay all fps" to get current FPS numbers.

1. Try the CPU Strategy Wizard with 30/30 for FPS and have it select all cores for all instances, instead of round-robin CPU

2. In-game video settings. If you're running this thing on Ultra, you might be shooting yourself in the foot. It could be something simple like antialiasing/multisampling.

Past that: http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate
<<

vrfood

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:21 am

Yeah, well, i tried to tweak the CPU otpions and it did not work. The same easy de-sync happens again. Console shows the same FPS in both windows, it was the same almost every time i tried. Just once it showed difference and it was 29.7/30.4 which i believe is not significant. Apart from that, i am running both games at LOW/OFF everything. V-sync is off and anti-aliasing is off. My hardware should be more than enough to run two instances of d3 without lagging. Got gtx-560 ti 2GB vram, amd FX-4100 @3.6ghz quad core, 16gb ram @1866 CL9. I am just baffled as i don't see what the problem might actually be. Maybe something to do with .NET, Direct X or windows(7, x64)? How about process priority in windows? Can that make any difference? I am running out of ideas here ;p One thing i am sure about,though. The delay between cursor in the main window and the 2nd one is what causes the de-sync. Question is what is the reason for the delay.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:57 am

If both windows are showing roughly 30 FPS, then no it's probably not FPS related. .NET is not used for gameplay, the ISBoxer Toolkit (which can be closed while playing) is the only part that uses .NET, so it should certainly not be .NET related. If it was DirectX related, the problem should also manifest in your FPS, which it is not. As far as using Windows 7 x64, no that's fine, so are most other ISBoxer users including myself.

Do you have the main Inner Space window open when you're doing this? If so, minimize it, as having it open can bottleneck broadcasting.

Unless you're configuring InnerSpace.exe to run slowly (e.g. with low process priority), or have the window open, I'm not sure I see a reason why mouse broadcasting should be slow for you.
<<

vrfood

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:13 am

Inner space is always minimized, am i supposed to close the toolkit window as well when i am playing? I am starting to think that this is normal, but i have seen many people streaming diablo 3 and their chars do not de-sync just by running for 30 seconds or less.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:35 am

It's not normal, mouse broadcasting should be instant and not visibly lag behind.

am i supposed to close the toolkit window as well when i am playing?

It shouldn't make a difference. You don't need ISBoxer Toolkit open ever unless you want to change your configuration.

Let's go for Diagnostics, I guess. In the ISBoxer Help menu get me "Diagnostics for game crashes" from one of the D3 instances you have running at the time. The instructions in the Diagnostics window say to run it without Inner Space, but in this case it's not actually crashing so that's not important.

The only other thing that comes to mind is mouse sensitivity or mouse DPI settings?
Next

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected