FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Lag during window swapping, and cursor sync

Moderator: MiRai

<<

grimgolem2

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:30 pm

Lag during window swapping, and cursor sync

I'm having issues with slight lag between window swaps. My cursor never seems to be lined up properly either. I have been tinkering around with in game settings and have found that if I change to full screen mode, then BACK to windowed mode, the lag is gone. I now can instantly swap windows without a 1-2s delay. The cursor problem appears to go away as well, its not perfect, but better.

I'm also interested in figuring out how to get the swap window hotkey working. No matter what I set it to, I could not change / rotate windows. I should mention I'm only dual boxing (two characters).

Heres a copy of my config: http://www.privatepaste.com/3fed76912a

Thanks!
<<

smaili

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:17 am

Re: Lag during window swapping, and cursor sync

grimgolem2 wrote:
I'm also interested in figuring out how to get the swap window hotkey working. No matter what I set it to, I could not change / rotate windows. I should mention I'm only dual boxing (two characters).

did you press "Export all to inner space" after setting the key , yday i set a key and it work perfect

i am having the same lag when i change widows btw , gonna try to set it to full screen later and see ;o

edit: just set both on fullscreen and now mouse synced and the swap is instant :D
<<

grimgolem2

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:04 pm

Yeah. Can't seem to get the hotkey to work. I want to hit the hotkey and have it bring my other window into focus. is that not how its supposed to work? Maybe I'm mistaken.

I want to figure out how to reduce that lag while swapping, while in windowed mode. I dislike the resolution it puts me in if I do full screen via in game options. I can't really see that far off to the sides of my screen, nor read any text. Also, whats the trick to keep the cursors synced? they unsync after moving just for 3 seconds.
<<

grimgolem2

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:22 pm

Ok so everything seems to run flawlessly if you have the in game setting set to full screen instead of windowed mode. (I got the swap hotkey to work too)

The only issue I have now though, is the resolution seems screwy. Everything is kind of bunched up, and difficult to read.. The game was beautiful when I ran windowed mode, but then I had the swap / cursor problems.

Suggestions?
<<

smaili

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:14 am

today after restarting my pc the widow switch key doesnt work anymroe , its still setted like yday x.x
here is my config http://www.privatepaste.com/02e3a807bd
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:39 am

Your pasted configuration is pretty much unusable because your characters names are "A" and "B" and you had it censor them. It would take too long for me to manually repair your file to a state where I can load it up in ISBoxer and look at it... (feel free to paste another without censoring the CHARACTER names...) so.. with that in mind...

today after restarting my pc the widow switch key doesnt work anymroe , its still setted like yday x.x

What is "the window switch key" you are using? I don't see one configured.
<<

smaili

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:50 am

ops sorry didnt know about names , here is no hidden names http://www.privatepaste.com/a39a85ca35
i am using the Grave button " ` " , this is 1st time i restart the pc after instaling isboxer , i tryed to set it to no button and then set it again to the grave buton , but didnt help
<<

grimgolem2

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:13 pm

Were you referring to my config? My characters actually are named A and B lol. I didn't think I checked that box, but here it is again.

http://www.privatepaste.com/f4a0f810f1

My only issue now is the resolutions as mentioned in my previous post.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Were you referring to my config? My characters actually are named A and B lol. I didn't think I checked that box, but here it is again.

Yeah that's the one ;)

Your "Next window" mapped key definitely won't work because you have added a second Window Focus Action to it which does the opposite of what the first one does. So it's configured to rotate forward, then backward, meaning the original window should be focused. If you remove one of them it should work...

As far as things being bunched up, the trick is to match your in-game resolution to the window size. You have a 1600x1200 monitor, but your game windows are configured at 1600x900 (widescreen). If the game is configured to be in 1600x1200 resolution, you're chopping 300 pixels out of it height-wise and it's going to look scrunched as a result. If you tell the game to use 1600x900 resolution, it will look perfect because it will exactly match the window size.

You can use a picture-in-picture sort of style instead if you like. Using Video FX is the best way to do this. Common modifications: Video FX alternative to Window Layouts
<<

grimgolem2

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:28 pm

"today after restarting my pc the widow switch key doesnt work anymroe , its still setted like yday x.x "

lol mine is doing the same thing now. I had it working yesterday, now it does nothing. Lax, the setup in that config allowed me to toggle back and forth between windows, adding that second step was the only way I could get it to work. But now it doesn't work with or without that step.

You were right about the resolution, I got everything looking great now!

Edit: I didn't even do anything and now suddenly its working.. But I'm still using the second step rotate backwards, to get back to my first window.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected