FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Character syncing issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sgraffite

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:53 am

Character syncing issues

Any time I holding the left mouse button down, and I re-enable broadcast, the left mouse button button being held down does not get broadcast to the other client.

This ends up getting me killed a decent amount when I try to resync my character by enabled broadcast while running through the other character. Is there a better way to do this, or some sort of fix for this?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:34 pm

Re: Character syncing issues

I hadn't thought of syncing characters that way exactly; I think you have a good idea. I'll have to see what I can do.

Here's some other ways people sync characters:
* you can use little Interactive Video FX to just quickly click on the same location in the different windows (via little boxes next to each other)
* some people use broadcasting toggles for specific windows; these can be set up where you hold down (as opposed to having to press once and press again after) some key let's say F1, to do a click in window 1, hold down F2 to do window 2, F3 for window 3 and so on. To set this up you can use the Mapped Key Wizard, select "Broadcasting Toggler", pick a name for it, set a Hotkey, set to "pressed OR released" for the "hold down" thing I mentioned otherwise whichever option you prefer, pick which windows get the broadcasts, and click Finish. Example pictured below. :)
* some others (who play 4) prefer a tiled Window Layout where each of your windows is 1/4 of the screen, with no window swapping, and most likely just click in each window as needed (looting, syncing, etc)
* and generally a lot of people will prefer to just use collisions/geometry in the world when possible

Here's a pic of setting up a Broadcasting Toggler with the Mapped Key Wizard in case anyone would like to try that particular method for this or other reasons.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:20 pm

Here you go. :)

Code:
ISBoxer 40.3.0608.1
    * Enabling mouse broadcasting while having a mouse button pressed should now result in that mouse button being passed, unless the mouse button was for the toggle. (This feature relies on Inner Space build 5632 or later.)

Update ISBoxer via Help->About. To get the required Inner Space build, shut it down (and any game windows you have launched with IS or ISBoxer) and restart Inner Space to allow it to patch up.
<<

sgraffite

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:57 pm

lax wrote:Here you go. :)

Code:
ISBoxer 40.3.0608.1
    * Enabling mouse broadcasting while having a mouse button pressed should now result in that mouse button being passed, unless the mouse button was for the toggle. (This feature relies on Inner Space build 5632 or later.)

Update ISBoxer via Help->About. To get the required Inner Space build, shut it down (and any game windows you have launched with IS or ISBoxer) and restart Inner Space to allow it to patch up.

Awesome, thanks for adding this feature so quickly! Sorry about posting twice about this, but I felt my thread in the Repeater subforum kinda fell by the wayside. I wasn't sure whether to post it there, o in the Diablo 3 subforum, or in a subforum meant for reporting bugs/asking for feature requests.

I did some quick QA to see if I could break it, and it appears there possibly is still an issue.

If I do a drive-by enabling of broadcasting on top of my second character, I can snatch up my second character just fine. However if while doing that I then disable broadcasting ditch the second character, the second character then has their virtual left mouse button "stuck" down until I either click on the second character's screen(moving the mouse on that screen does not release the held down button), or re-enable broadcasting and then releasing the left mouse button. Also while their virtual left mouse button is "stuck" in the down position from this series of events, my changing of direction on my main character has no effect on the second character at all, they run in a straight line until they hit something.

I hope I described that adequately, I would really like to help improve this amazing software :)

On a side note there are some free PHPBB emoticons for dark themes to get rid of the white pixels around the borders here (not created by me, but I have used them)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:10 am

Your description was adequate. This should be fixed in 40.3.609.1, update ISBoxer again through Help->About. :)

Code:
ISBoxer 40.3.0609.1
    * Fixed a bug with 40.3.0608.1's new feature resulting in a stuck mouse button if broadcasting was again disabled with the mouse button still held down
    * Added a link to Frequently Asked Questions in the Help menu

On a side note there are some free PHPBB emoticons for dark themes to get rid of the white pixels around the borders here (not created by me, but I have used them)

Thanks, these are a nice improvement :)
<<

sgraffite

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:01 am

Thanks for adding this feature on such short notice! I can sync my characters so much faster now, and I don't end up with a missed sync where I just run past them and waste time. After playing for about 4 hours, as far as I can tell it is working flawlessly :)

Also the new smilies do look so much nicer ;)

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected