FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Gameplay Protips

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sgraffite

Post Sat May 26, 2012 8:10 pm

Re: Gameplay Protips

I'm curious as to how in battles where your characters end up getting scattered, how do people playing four accounts resync them in a reasonable amount of time? I'm only playing two accounts, but having one character get knocked back, or grappled by the butcher, etc can cause the battle to go downhill for me very quickly.
<<

silicur

Post Wed May 30, 2012 10:22 pm

Eh I haven't gotten that far, [still in Nightmare] but mostly by lots and lots of dancing, and geometry exploting. e.g. I dodge around and eventually get to the edge of the map or a corner and catch my guys up. sometimes I have to run around quite a bit. Occasionally someone dies, and I kite the boss/whatever away, then go back and revive them. [e.g. I did this several times in Diablo Normal] I have no idea if that is typical, though. But yeah, getting scattered can cause things to go south pretty quickly...
<<

yeaimjason

Post Thu May 31, 2012 5:22 am

When it comes to boss fights I would recommend taking your best gear and placing it on one character; then do it solo on each. If you prefer not doing this method then only one character needs checkpoints, so it's not like your slaves need boss kill achievements. Killing Rare/Elite packs is more important to me than killing bosses. All four of my WD's have over 20k damage and 30K health, I can clear all of hell without many issues. Act one Inferno I can kill most packs but run into issues sometimes depending on what they do. My main character is running at 42k dps and 45k health, it farms inferno act 4 just fine.

Best tip for going after Rare/Elite packs is going to Azmodian over and over resetting the game till you get a pack you can kill. I get a lot of Treasure Goblins on the way and use magic find gear to open the chests, last night I got two level 60 legendary items by doing that. I don't actually go in and Kill Azmodian I just find it easier to do that quest since there is generally at-least one pack and the trash on the way is really easy to kill. Near the entrance there is plenty of kiting space as well so it's not too enclosed. This is good for Multiboxing or Solo play, either or.
Previous

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected