FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problems with "Next Window" hotkey

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Exodus

Post Thu May 17, 2012 2:21 am

Problems with "Next Window" hotkey

Hey everyone,

I'm having an issue with Isboxer when it comes to the "Next Window" option to switch between the two instances of Diablo. Basically it's hit or miss if it works or not. I launch the game thru isboxer picking my team and both instances fire up without any problems, but when I click Mouse4 to switch between screens nothing happens or somethings it switches to one, but it won't switch back. So I end up having to close everything and launch the game again over and over again until it finally works. Once it does it runs great with no issues, but getting it to "stick" is a real pain. Any ideas what could be going wrong? I've tried remapping it to a different key but it makes no difference.

Thanks!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu May 17, 2012 5:52 am

Re: Problems with "Next Window" hotkey

Make sure you have "Next Window" set to happen on Release rather than Press. Otherwise, the Press event will also happen in the window you switch to (thereby switching again) unless you happen to let go after it activates " Next Window" but before the next widow actually comes up.

So.. go back to the Next Window hotkey and find "Execute a Step when the Hotkey is ______" drop-down box (right below the Hotkey) and set it to Released.

If that's not it, show me your configuration -- HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support
<<

Exodus

Post Thu May 17, 2012 10:43 am

Hey Lax,

Thanks for replying so quickly. "Next Window" was already set to Release by default. I'm not an Isboxer wiz so I try not to mess with it too much, lol.

Here's the link to my configuration.

http://www.privatepaste.com/eaeb5f7163

Thanks again!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu May 17, 2012 10:55 am

Okay I see. It might actually be because you don't have a Window Layout configured.

If you're playing on one screen, I'd say run the Window Layout Wizard and pick Full Screen Stacked style
<<

Exodus

Post Thu May 17, 2012 3:20 pm

I went in and did as you said. I set up the windows layout to "Stacked full screen on" but it still does the same thing. It doesn't switch back and forth between the two or it just switches once but not back. The only work around I figured out was setting up a hot key for Next Window and one for Pervious Window. So one key goes forward and the other one goes back. And I don't mind doing that, but it's the having to load the game like 20 times just to get some kind of set up to "stick" is what's driving me nuts, lol.

Thanks for your help.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected