FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

movement/follow issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ikilldwarves

Post Tue May 15, 2012 6:57 am

movement/follow issues

ok, so finally got into the game. Both windows fired up, everyone grouped up. When i broadcast everyone is running off in different directions.

So at this point the 2nd windowed character is not following the main windowed character. What i assume is happening is due to key maps not being setup properly.

Following the quick start guide under "Quickly adding many hotkeys" it says "select Many new mapped keys" there is no "many new mapped keys" option when i right click in the lower left combat pane.

So not sure what im missing.

Thx
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 15, 2012 8:25 am

Re: movement/follow issues

"Many new Mapped Keys" has been very recently replaced by the Mapped Key Wizard. I'm in the process of updating all of the documentation to reflect that.

ok, so finally got into the game. Both windows fired up, everyone grouped up. When i broadcast everyone is running off in different directions.

So at this point the 2nd windowed character is not following the main windowed character. What i assume is happening is due to key maps not being setup properly.

Diablo 3 does not have an auto-follow feature. You have to click to move in Diablo 3. Keeping your characters synced together is going to be a chore, it is one of the most difficult parts of multiboxing this game, and there will probably be dozens of threads within a week asking the same question. There is no super simple method built into the game to keep your characters together, period.

Here's what I do:
1. Use the Shift key while clicking to make your guys stand still and attack instead of potentially running off.
2. Create little interactive Video FX views of each window. When you need to re-sync, click in each of the small views where you want them to go.

That's pretty much it. It will take some practice and getting used to :P
<<

ikilldwarves

Post Tue May 15, 2012 8:28 am

Re: movement/follow issues

lax wrote:"Many new Mapped Keys" has been very recently replaced by the Mapped Key Wizard. I'm in the process of updating all of the documentation to reflect that.

Diablo 3 does not have an auto-follow feature. You have to click to move in Diablo 3. Keeping your characters synced together is going to be a chore, it is one of the most difficult parts of multiboxing this game, and there will probably be dozens of threads within a week asking the same question. There is no super simple method built into the game to keep your characters together, period.

Here's what I do:
1. Use the Shift key while clicking to make your guys stand still and attack instead of potentially running off.
2. Create little interactive Video FX views of each window. When you need to re-sync, click in each of the small views where you want them to go.

That's pretty much it. It will take some practice and getting used to :P

Yeah, wow was easy to do ;) I ended up just doing that. Making sure i have a corner to run into so they stay close ;)

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected