FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse Switching

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Pearl43

Post Mon May 14, 2012 12:32 am

Mouse Switching

Hey ppl im planning on using Dual characters upon release, and would like to know how to setup so i can press a Button and take control of the second Characters Mouse while not switching screens - and not moving the First character. (for picking up items on the second Characters screen & syncing etc)

This guy has it setup exactly the way i want it : (hes probably on these forums actually lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikhgmo30vQ4
You can see how when he stops, and his mouse moves around randomly (or so it seems) hes actually picking up items using his second character withOUT moving the first.
I would like a Toggle or 'while held down' like this so i can do the same.

Help with this would be very appreciated.

Cheers.
<<

Mahther

Post Mon May 14, 2012 3:22 am

Re: Mouse Switching

That's me. =) I'll make a tutorial video. It's my first one though, so it's not going to be pro like MiRai's stuff.
<<

Pearl43

Post Mon May 14, 2012 3:24 am

Excellent! Cheers mate.

I've been playing around A LOT with Key Maps etc... best i can get is to make a G15 key be left click for my second character.

I'd rather be able to hold down that key and just use Left Click as normal to pickup items etc without moving the First character.
<<

Mahther

Post Mon May 14, 2012 11:56 am

Here it is. Sorry that it took a while, and that I sound so monotone. I did it with no sleep. http://youtu.be/LvngRXLXx5g

On that note, gnite and good luck with the launch everyone. =)
<<

Pearl43

Post Mon May 14, 2012 1:43 pm

Cheers mate.
Set it all up ,working great.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon May 14, 2012 4:42 pm

Mahther wrote:Here it is. Sorry that it took a while, and that I sound so monotone. I did it with no sleep. http://youtu.be/LvngRXLXx5g

On that note, gnite and good luck with the launch everyone. =)

Would it have not been better to assign the Click# Mapped Keys to a specific Slot rather than hard code in a specific Character? The problem I see is that if you create a new Character Set with new Character names, that Key Map probably won't work. "Click1" will be looking for Retnaburn1 and if Retnaburn1 isn't in that Character Set then I'm assuming it won't work. If you tie the Mapped Keys to specific Slots then you can put any Character in that Slot and it will work regardless -- Just remember which Character belongs to which Slot.
<<

Mahther

Post Mon May 14, 2012 5:39 pm

You're right MiRai, thank you. That's what I get for doing it tired. I'll add an annotation now and remake it first chance I get.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon May 14, 2012 5:42 pm

Mahther wrote:You're right MiRai, thank you. That's what I get for doing it tired. I'll add an annotation now and remake it first chance I get.

I watch my own videos 20 times before I upload them... and then once they're uploaded I find 10 things wrong with them I didn't catch before. ;)

/backontopic

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected