FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Quad Boxing Inferno

Moderator: MiRai

<<

yeaimjason

Post Sun May 06, 2012 1:30 pm

Quad Boxing Inferno

Hello!

I've been using ISboxer for some time now mainly in EVE online soloing incursions, mining with 18 miners, my own 15 carrier gate camp or Domi's for Sentry assist alpha ect ect. I tried WoW for a bit and felt the challenge was limited.

I have no history with Diablo one or two and was wondering what people's thoughts were on Quad boxing Inferno mode? A friend of mine says it will be impossible to get very far and Sadly I've already invested in four accounts. So I am curious on other people's thoughts on this. I've been playing beta till at least a few days ago when they closed it and feel four Doctors or hunters is the only real way to go. IGN has a video with one of the developers from Blizzard explaining the emphasis on single target damage to take down Rare/Champion/Boss mobs in Inferno which would limit the Doctor. Unless all the doctors pets can take aggro then I would assume you could just spam spiders/rotate your pets in while using your AoE snare as round the robin.

At any rate I would love a challenge... But not so challenging that It's going to be impossible to four box the hardest difficulty. I hope to hear some good input from the community here!

Thank you.
<<

Mahther

Post Sun May 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Quad Boxing Inferno

We'll never know until we get there, though I doubt that it will be impossible.
<<

yeaimjason

Post Sun May 06, 2012 8:33 pm

Well true, but people with D2 experience may be able to relate at least. There may be people on here that were in closed beta as well.
<<

unexpected

Post Sun May 06, 2012 9:57 pm

D1 and D2 didn't really have any super challenging fights or such like what D3 is promising. The one somewhat challenging fight in D2 was the uber tristram event they came out with way later in the patch cycle. And even that became super easy once people learned the tricks.
D2 wasn't really about the challenge of beating the fights, everyone could beat the fights, it was all about getting the sweet drops. Sometime down the road Inferno could end up being that way also.

In one of the dev interviews they said it would be entirely possible to solo inferno (in a 1 player game), so it will come down to how much harder is the game for each additional character present

I doubt it will be impossible to quad box, but you might need to wait and see how the fights go and build a group totally around it. From what the devs have been saying 4x of the same class in Inferno (and perhaps all difficulties) might be a bad thing, since certain mobs/abilities are designed to counter particular classes
<<

Harrison

Post Mon May 07, 2012 1:42 am

Nothing is impossible, but multi-boxing will take longer to beat Inferno. It will require the best gear and perfected tactics, more so than solo guys or normal parties.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed May 09, 2012 12:04 am

But, if D3 is like D2, the more players you have in a game... the better the drops.
And if you're everyone, that means you win automatically.

Assuming your 2/3/4x can defeat whatever the mob is.
Which is harder than a solo player version of the same encounter.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Mahther

Post Wed May 09, 2012 9:59 am

Each person gets their own loot drops that the other group members won't see. It's not better than what you would get solo. The advantage to grouping, in theory, is the speed at which you kill things.

1 player = 100% monster hit points
2 players = 175% monster hit points
3 players = 250% monster hit points
4 players = 325% monster hit points

http://www.diablowiki.net/Multiplayer
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed May 09, 2012 7:45 pm

So D3 is a little different from D2...
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

yeaimjason

Post Sat May 12, 2012 2:19 am

I heard if you have 4 people you get 25% drop chance as someone doing Inferno solo. My question now is stacking magic find gear on 4 characters going to be more gear than a solo player?
<<

Mahther

Post Sat May 12, 2012 5:15 am

You have the same chance at loot no matter how many people are in the group, but everyone's magic find is added together and then split evenly between the group.

http://www.diablowiki.net/Magic_find

Basically all this means is that we don't need to stack all of our MF on one character.
Next

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected