FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cant join my own games?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

psyclone

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:03 pm

Cant join my own games?

Ok, Im having an issue where i cant join my own game. I can login on all my accounts just fine but as soon as i try to join a game, the client i try joining with freezes up and eventually says "unable to join this game and goes back to the screen where my character is. Not sure if its a server problem, my computer or isboxer. anyone else experiencing this? thanks :D
<<

Mahther

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Re: Cant join my own games?

Not happening to me. Running 4 accounts for the weekend and they're all getting along.
<<

psyclone

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:38 pm

Ok thanks. I tried a new setup with just 2 clients and it still does the same thing :( I can log in both accounts but when I join my game it frezzes on me and later says you cannot join the game at this time. Heres my privatepaste http://privatepaste.com/7edb28e9e9 thanks for any help

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU TYPE:
AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor
CPU SPEED:
4.08 GHz
SYSTEM MEMORY:
7.98 GB
VIDEO CARD MODEL:
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
742 MB
VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
aticfx32.dll
DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
1920x1080
HARD DISK SIZE:
455.6 GB
HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
419.66 GB (92%)
DOWNLOAD SPEED:
1.52 MB/s (12.8 mbps)
<<

psyclone

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:55 pm

Also noticed in my resource monitor in task manager, as soon as i press join game the client im joining with immediatly turns to not responding
<<

Yelgis

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:18 am

Not sure about that. With Open Beta I have just ran a team of 4 DH and a 4 Barb team all the way through. I just added all the alternate chars to my main's friend list and could quick join any game my main made with all my secondary slots. Goodluck figuring out your problem.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:06 am

If the game freezes and you want me to help interpret what is happening, you will need to get me "Diagnostics for game freezes" from the Help menu in ISBoxer, at the time it is frozen.

The first thing that comes to mind though is that the "freeze" sounds like it's just blocking while it's attempting to connect, until it eventually times out. It could simply be that your firewall is blocking incoming connections, and also possible that nobody else will be able to join your games either until you've resolved this issue. Either way, this definitely sounds like a networking issue.
<<

psyclone

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:11 pm

Thanks lax. So i tried turning off my firewall and AV software and still getting the same problems. Anyway something else i noticed, On the first client i get logged in and start the game just fine. Then when i click quick join with the 2nd client it actually connects for a second because in the chat on client 1 it says "psyclone has entered the game" then instantly says "psyclone has left the game" During that time on the screen for client 2 it just freezes then i guess eventually times out and says "you are unable to join the game at this time" grrrr lol I ran the diagnostics for game freezes. not sure if it will help. i think its like you said, some kind of network problem but i can join other peoples game and they can join mine so i dont know

how can i get you the diagnostics for game freezes? wont let me upload here. thanks for any help :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Email those to lax@lavishsoft.com and I'll take a look. :)
<<

psyclone

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:07 pm

sent
<<

psyclone

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:12 pm

Ok, I found out today it has to be a network issue because when im playing d3 my wife cant use the internet on her laptop. As soon as i log off d3 she can connect again. So i turn d3 on again and it knocks her off the internet lol
Any idea how i can fix this?
Next

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected