FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Swapping slot, mouse follows, and performance issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

issey83

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:44 am

Swapping slot, mouse follows, and performance issue

Hello,

I'm running a dual screen setup, with 4 slots.
1920x1200, with main screen on fullscreen (swapping), second screen protrait with 3 slots from top to bottom hugging right side of the screen.
when I press "next window" button, eg. slot1 to slot2 for looting purpose, the mouse cursor will follow slot1 and leave the swapping slot, end up in slot 2 place, when slot2 is my focus now.
It only happens after a few minutes, eg. after battle and start looting, doesn't happen when i repeatedly press "next window" to make it happen.
Is this normal?

I ran 1440x900 previously, swapping hugging top left, and 3 slots hugging bottom all in one screen, but didn't notice this happening.

Thanks

edit: forgot to mention about performance issue
Did anyone have drop in performance comparing between bounty/normal gameplay vs. rifts?
When I play on bounty, no drop in fps, stable 60s.
But it fluctuates from 60s to 40s in rifts, and there is occasional lags, 3 slot is moving while the odd slot will stop for 0.5-1 second and the resume, resulting in lost of sync.
And also when opening inventory and repairing gears,
And the time out display (TDR).

Running a brand new GTX 780 TI ^_^
<<

spindrjr

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:57 am

Re: Swapping slot, mouse follows, and performance issue

I have the same issue with the mouse following the swapped slot after there has been no swapping for a bit. I'm running all my clients at 2560x1440 with 3 portrait swap slots along the bottom of second monitor. Anyone know how to fix this or reduce the occurrences?
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:38 am

I'm having this same problem. It happens frequently.

I have 2 accounts and am running full screen layouts on dual monitors. Randomly when swapping, my mouse cursor will suddenly be smack in the middle of my other monitor. Like you said, it's as if the mouse cursor "follows" the swapped window.

In the heat of battle, this is very disrupting and often causes me to die on high torments trying to correct it. Did either of you find a fix or workaround for this? I can provide more detail if needed.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:55 am

It happens because your broadcast from the first window arrives at the second window the instant you switched, causing the cursor to move just after switching.

One easy way around it is to use dxNothing on your second monitor instead of placing your actual game window(s) there. Put Video FX views of your game instances in the dxNothing window, and you can also enable the Video FX Focus Hotkey on those to bring a window to the front on the main screen by clicking (or whatever) on the view.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected