FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Diablo Immortal - crash on load

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ds9449

Post Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:52 am

Diablo Immortal - crash on load

Hello,
Hoping someone can help with this issue. Trying to load a brand new character set - launcher loads fine, click Play, DI will crash after the initial loading window closes, before the server selection screen displays. The assert file DI generates is attached - it's pretty sparse. Same error when trying to load a single slot. Used the wizard to create the character set, selected defaults for everything. DI runs fine when started outside IB.

I'm sure it's something brain-dead simple, I just can't see it. If there's any other info needed, let me know.

ISBoxer Toolkit Profile - https://pastebin.com/r2pPgwDF
ISBoxer Compatibility Diagnostics - https://pastebin.com/krNAax4p
Attachments
assert1694100207.txt
DI assert
(47 Bytes) Downloaded 139 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:17 am

Re: Diablo Immortal - crash on load

Start by trying the development build of Inner Space, which includes many fixes since build 7111 which you're using

Right click Inner Space, select Patcher, click the "Development" tab, click "Check for Updates" if needed (probably not), and click "Install Now" to actually install it. Note that you'll need to close anything Inner Space has launched before it will install
<<

ds9449

Post Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:34 am

Updated to 7201, restarted ISBoxer, Export All to Innerspace, tried launching a single slot, exact same behavior. Verified that updated Innerspace has DI configured correctly.

Do you need another compat diagnostics?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:48 am

I would try in this order.
1. Shutting down NZXT CAM, it has caused issues reasonably frequently.
2. Remove Nortons.

Cheers,
<<

ds9449

Post Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:07 pm

Thanks bob, tried removing NZXT, then Nortons, same issue. Also removed Razer Central and a couple of other background apps, no luck.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:26 pm

check in your Inner Space folder for a .dmp file named like name_of_client.exe.dmp, otherwise check %LocalAppData%\CrashDumps (you can press Windows+R and paste that into the Run box) for name_of_client.exe.####.dmp (where #### is the process ID that crashed/disappeared/didn't launch)
<<

ds9449

Post Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:53 pm

No .dmp files in the Innerspace folder. There are some in %LocalAppData%, but names (and times) don't correspond - they're all named Agent.exe.#### or UpdateBrowserForApp.exe.####. Happy to send a link to one of them if you think it would help.
<<

pandera13

Post Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:23 am

Not sure if it helps, but I have a similar problem only if I do not use my primary monitor. It will load 1 account and the second or third it gets to the full screen loading page then right before server selection it terminates. Works fine on my primary, but not my 2 other monitors. Sometimes If I just keep opening the single account it will eventually load though. Generally I just load on the primary and move on with things. Immortal is the only game I use isboxer for at this time.
<<

ds9449

Post Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:58 am

Thanks for the suggestion, no luck. Tried disconnecting my second monitor, created new Windows Layout, same issue.

BUT...

Your suggestion made me look at all display settings - turns out the HDR setting in WIndows 11 was the culprit. Turned that off, and the complete character set is launching. ISBoxer still doesn't like my second monitor, even with a multi-monitor window layout, regions are only showing up on my primary.

Anyway, I have a working character set, I can live with that. 8-)

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected