FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hold-to-Control while already moving - funky

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mrp

Post Thu May 07, 2015 1:54 am

Hold-to-Control while already moving - funky

Hi there

I am having a bit of a challenge fine tuning the usage of the hold-to-control hotkey. Specifically, for situations where I'd like to take control of a specific window (especially when characters desync), I can only get the hold-to-control key working properly if I come to a standstill before pressing the hold-to-control hotkey (F1 for instance). If I am already shift-moving when I press hold-to-control then the non-controlled character keeps walking off into the sunset in whatever direction he was heading when I hit hold-to-control. Is there any way to effectively use hold-to-control while already shift-moving, such that the non-controlled character will stop shift-moving as soon as you control another window?

Thanks!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri May 08, 2015 7:01 am

Re: Hold-to-Control while already moving - funky

You are coming across the issue of the movement commands are sent to a window, and then you cut that window off from the keyboard mouse input (when you hit the Hold To Control) without changing the state of that input, so the game never gets the message that you let go of the keys.

You need to override that by deliberately sending an input to the windows you are about to cut off. I'm not sure what you need to do that in D3. Perhaps a quick send of a movement key, like S (backwards) would be sufficient.
<<

mrp

Post Fri May 08, 2015 10:25 am

Thanks Bob. Taking sending "s" to the secondary window as an example, how would I do that...? Any tips hugely appreciated, thanks.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri May 08, 2015 10:39 am

Locate the "Hold To Control 1" mapped keys in the Non-Combat key map, and then select Step 1 of the mapped key, and then add a new Action (right click), select Keystroke Actions -> Keystroke Action, then set the properties to
Target: ~is1
Key Combination: S

D3HoldToControl.png
D3HoldToControl.png (25.88 KiB) Viewed 7181 times

The Target needs to be everything but the Repeater Target being set in the first action of the Hold To Control mapped key, so you need to use an Advanced Target http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Target, so in this case the above target means "NOT slot 1". For Hold To Control 2, you would use ~is2, and Hold To Control 3: ~is3 and so on.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected