FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Video FX Viewer Not Showing Up On OBS in D3

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Azuri

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:46 pm

Video FX Viewer Not Showing Up On OBS in D3

Hi,

I've just recently resubscribed to ISboxer again. I use to run a bunch of Video FX mini-maps on my main character screen. Now on my return I have no problems getting the Video FX mini maps to show up locally on main character screen but OBS will not broadcast or stream the Video FX windows. It used to back in the day so I'm not sure if it's a change to OBS or ISboxer. Funny thing is when I bring up the control menu SHIFT + CTRL + ALT + G I can see those menu's on my OBS but once I close that the video FX viewer mini-map is only seen locally again and not on OBS

Windows 7 and Aero settings are on and I don't have the setting for OBS to turn off Aero. One last detail if I use Diablo III as monitor capture it works fine but I'd rather not. I think game capture is the way to go?

Can anyone suggest how I can have video FX viewers show up on OBS? I'd like to stream them as well.

Thanks!
Azuri
Last edited by Azuri on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:49 pm

Re: Video FX Viewer Not Showing Up On OBS in D3

You will need to capture the desktop rather than the game client in order for OBS (or any recording program) to capture the VFX windows.
<<

Azuri

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:02 pm

MiRai wrote:You will need to capture the desktop rather than the game client in order for OBS (or any recording program) to capture the VFX windows.

Yeah that seems to be the solution that came to mind. Is there any performance losses by capturing desktop over game client? Performance is my main objective I guess I could tinker with both but I'm sure someone has already done the testing.

Thanks again for the fast response. :D
Last edited by Azuri on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:06 pm

Azuri wrote:Is there any performance losses by capturing desktop over game client?

Unfortunately, desktop capture generally requires more resources as opposed to just capturing the game client.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:36 pm

You can set OBS to capture an application and set the application to DWM. This will usually capture at 30FPS, rather than 20FPS that the desktop/monitor capture (with AERO enabled) usually tops out at; and it will capture videoFX. The downside is that it will only capture the primary monitor output, but it sounds like that would be ok for your purposes.

My limited testing has shown this is less heavy than desktop/monitor capture, and provides much better consistency.

edit: I noticed that it probably tops out at 30FPS, because that's the limit I set OBS to (duh!), which is the same limit used for desktop capture, but under application/DWM at least it hits it, rather than the 2/3rds I get under desktop.
Last edited by bob on Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Azuri

Post Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:04 pm

bob wrote:You can set OBS to capture an application and set the application to DWM. This will usually capture at 30FPS, rather than 20FPS that the desktop/monitor capture (with AERO enabled) usually tops out at; and it will capture videoFX. The downside is that it will only capture the primary monitor output, but it sounds like that would be ok for your purposes.

My limited testing has shown this is less heavy than desktop/monitor capture, and provide much better consistency.

Bob,

That worked like a charm btw. I've also thrown a couple of GTX 970's into my system but even on my old single GTX680 there wasn't much of a performance hit using OBS's DWM.

Thanks for the tip!

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected