FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Just started trial, cannot run D3 through ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Just started trial, cannot run D3 through ISBoxer

Your diagnostic looks... clean. I mean, there are still programs in there that could be potentially shut down -- Like anything that doesn't have to do with the operating system, Diablo 3, or Inner Space.

After recently helping another user in the IRC chat for hours with a mysterious problem such as yours they eventually broke down and reinstalled Windows, and everything worked just fine after that. I know people don't normally want to hear that as a potential fix and I'd compare their diagnostic to yours to see if anything looked similar, but unfortunately their link has expired.

As a shot in the dark this might sound crazy, but if you have an Asus Xonar sound card you may have to uninstall the drivers from your system (and possibly remove it entirely from your motherboard so that it doesn't automatically reinstall itself) to see if it's the cause of the problem. If you don't have an Asus Xonar sound card, then I'm not sure what else you could do unless you can get Lax a game freeze or crash report of some sort.
<<

jester5093

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:45 pm

Wow, what a shot. I actually DO have an asus xonar card. that's creepy dude, I'd love to know what made you go there. I'll try it without it and see.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:36 pm

jester5093 wrote:Wow, what a shot. I actually DO have an asus xonar card. that's creepy dude, I'd love to know what made you go there. I'll try it without it and see.

I'm either monitoring your residence via a camera or the diagnostic showed that you had a driver that could potentially link back to an Asus Xonar sound card. :)
<<

jester5093

Post Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:40 am

WHERE IS THE CAMERA?!?!

In any case, I removed the card, reinstalled ISBoxer, and it worked. I then rebooted and it ceased to work. So basically, every time I want to play, I have to uninstall ISBoxer, remove cache's, and start from scratch. Even without the card. Which is kind of a god send, because as shitty as the xonar is at times, it still is better than onboard mono sound.

There any known issues with windows 8.1?
<<

jester5093

Post Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:11 pm

Oh well, my trial ran out, and this is still unresolved. Thanks for the help everyone, I guess I'll look elsewhere for my multiboxing solution.
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:30 am

jester5093 wrote:Oh well, my trial ran out, and this is still unresolved. Thanks for the help everyone, I guess I'll look elsewhere for my multiboxing solution.

It's been about 10 days so you've probably realized there's no better solutions out there. When you do come back, rest assured these guys will continue to help you until you are working. They are the best support group of any forum/community in the gaming world and have helped me with several issues. So don't be afraid to pay the small fee for a license so we can get you boxing D3 - there's a new patch coming so you need to be ready!
Previous

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected