FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Able to use a skill only once on several windows?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Enterich

Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Able to use a skill only once on several windows?

Hi :)

Im using 1 crusader and 3 demon hunters.
my problem is when im casting phalanx - stampede with my crusader while any of my 4 chars are moving, the movement is only stoped by my crusader not by my demon hunters.

so my question is: am i able to chain cast "mouse left click" on my #1 windows until i released the button, while my other windows #2 #3 #4 using that hotkey only once for a milisecond.

so window #2-4 is casting that skill once, window #1 is casting it until i release the hotkey.

With such a method any of my character are going to stop while pushing shift.

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:43 pm

Re: Able to use a skill only once on several windows?

The simple answer. No.

ISBoxer will not allow you to configure anything that results in game input being automated, and "chain cast" is pretty much the definition of automation. You need to have 1 keypress = 1 action, or 1 mouse click = 1 mouse click.

You can however perform a HOLD action, so you can HOLD a key down (you could do this to the mouse, but I would not recommend it. You generally leave the left/right mouse buttons alone as far as ISBoxer is concerned) and it will behave the same as though you are holding that key in the game. If the game interprets this hold down as chain casting, then that is fine. But most games do not, and require you to perform distinct keypresses/mouse clicks for each time a game action is performed.
<<

Enterich

Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:48 pm

so theres no other way or option to do something like that?

just want any character to stand still while im casting my phalax-stampede on window #1
thats all, problem is if im using a spender skill with my demon hunters, hatred is empty realy fast, so im not able to cast my sentrys.

Damn it :)
<<

bob

Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:57 pm

The long answer is, maybe:

You could use two mapped keys.

1 mapped key will allow you to use your mouse button on the 1 window, and send the mouse click to windows 2, 3, 4. Then it disables the mouse click to windows 2, 3, 4.
You can continue to click on the mouse, which will only go to window 1.

Eventually you need to reset. Because the first mapped key has no way of knowing when you have finished this process, you need the second mapped key to perform the reset.

You could potentially do this with only the one mapped key, but it would then rely on a timer, so you'd need to know how long to wait between resets, which would more likely mean you end up needing it to reset before your timer runs out, at which point you get annoyed at it.

NOTE: As a general rule, you do not want to have mapped keys cherry picking the left/right mouse buttons unless you are absolutely sure about it because they usually have very specific usage within the games. If all of a sudden you are trapping it via Mapped Keys, the game may no longer play as expected.
<<

bob

Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:00 pm

Oh, thinking about it. You could achieve this in a different way.

You have a mapped key which changes the left mouse button to only go to window 1, but only when you are holding that key down. This way it work normally most of the time, then when you hold down a key it only goes to window 1. When you let it go, it goes back to normal behaviour. This is a toggle.

You still have to do all the clicking, but it is a much better way.
<<

bob

Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:15 pm

Ok, after thinking about it, there are two methods, and IT DEPENDS ON WHICH CHARACTER YOU ARE PLAYING AS YOUR MAIN. Knowledge about your play style is key.

Simple method. If you play the Crusader as your main.
    Goto Always On, right click on the Activate Repeater mapped key, select Create Alternate HotKey.
    Select the "Activate Repeater - Alternate", set the Hotkey to a key you will HOLD DOWN while this will disable the repeater.
    Set the "Hold any Keystroke Actions" to Off
    Set the Execute a Step to "pressed OR released"

Basically this will, depending on the state of the Repeater to begin with (which is generally always on when playing D3), toggle it's status while you are holding it down.

More complex method, if you switch your main between characters, or you do not always play with the repeater on.

Use the Mapped Key Wizard (under the Wizards Menu).

Select Combat key map (because this is a fighting thing), Click Next
    Select Broadcasting Toggler, click Next
    Name your toggle (doesn't matter, it's so you know what it is)
    Set the Hotkey you will HOLD DOWN with your fingers while this is in effect.
    Set the Toggle when the hotkey is "pressed OR released"
    Broadcast FROM any of these windows "Window:Current" <--- this means that this toggle will send the click from the window that you are on
    Broadcast TO any of these windows "Slot 1 (Crusader)" <--- this means that this toggle will send the click to only this character
    Tick the Block buttons from current window
    Hit Finish

Now, if you always play with Broadcasting ON, you will need to edit the toggle to make sure it is still on when you let go of the toggle.
Goto the Mapped Key you just created.
Drill down to step 2
The second action, will set Key repeat Off, Mouse repeat Off. You should set these to ON

If you don't always play with Broadcasting ON, it gets a bit more tricky, but
Goto the Mapped Key you just created.
    Drill down to step 1
      Right click on Actions, add a new Key Map Action -> Mapped Key Step Action
      In target, set Window: All w/Current
      Key Map , select Always On
      Mapped Key select Activate Repeater
      Step Adjustment, Add 1
    In Step 2
      delete the existing actions
      Right click Actions, select Key Map Actions -> Do a Mapped Key Action
      Target is Window:Current
      Key Map , select Always On
      Mapped Key select Activate Repeater

Both of these options affect the WHOLE BROADCASTING state, but as they rely on you holding one button and clicking the mouse, I figure when you let go of the button it goes back to normal so you probably wont have other actions going on, while you are clicking. And if you do, set them up as Mapped Keys so they still work!
<<

cmoidudu

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:14 am

As for multiboxing, you might want to build a team with either 4 ranged characters, or 4 melee characters. Mixing melees and ranged is just a source of headaches.
<<

LargeChicken

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:31 am

cmoidudu wrote:As for multiboxing, you might want to build a team with either 4 ranged characters, or 4 melee characters. Mixing melees and ranged is just a source of headaches.

What he said.
I want YOU! To ask me questions
Tell me what you want a tutorial on in my request thread Here

My games:
Eve Online

Expertise:
Mining
Shooting red crosses
IsBoxer Setup
VideoFX

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected