FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Launching characters in wrong order breaks Inner Space

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MrGobblez

Post Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:32 pm

Launching characters in wrong order breaks Inner Space

Hello,

I've encountered a major issue while trialing ISBoxer. I'm running a druid/hunter combo in WoW Classic and use the quick setup wizard in ISBoxer to setup my team and I specify that launcher should be used when choosing the character set. Now this works fine most of the time, however the other day I managed to log in druid on slot1 and hunter on slot2 when it should be the other way around. I got the error message ingame and closed everything and launched again, except now when launching the character set the following popups happen:

#1 Starting Battle.net
#2 Updating Blizzard Agent (hangs on around 60-70% until #3 pops)
#3 An error message appears saying "We're having trouble starting Battle.net. Please try again. If the problem persists, try restarting your computer."

Restarting computer does not help, reinstalling ISBoxer/Inner Space does not help, creating new character sets that launches client instead does not help, reinstalling WoW does not help and deleting various Blizzard folders mentioned in threads that resolve the given launcher error in %ProgramData% does not help. I can still launch battle.net from the same .exe specified in Inner Space config and play the game normally. Now, for some reason completely reinstalling NVIDIA driver solved the issue that time, but alas, today I managed to launch the same account twice and immediately got the same error happening and reinstalling NVIDIA driver does not help this time around.

I'm 100% blown away by ISBoxer itself, so I really hope to find a solid fix for this, but as of now I cannot purchase a licence when the trial ends on thursday. :(

Does anyone have any idea where the problem might be?

To re-iterate; WoW launcher works fine when I launch it myself, the problem only happens when Inner Space tries launching the game and I've tried reinstalling ISBoxer/Inner Space.
<<

MrGobblez

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:39 am

Re: Launching characters in wrong order breaks Inner Space

Upon waking up this morning I could download a new patch for Inners Space: 1.16 Build 6535 and it solved the issue for me. I'm not going to try and launch characters in wrong order to se if that is fixed, but if I ever do I'll post the results here.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:58 am

MrGobblez wrote:#1 Starting Battle.net
#2 Updating Blizzard Agent (hangs on around 60-70% until #3 pops)
#3 An error message appears saying "We're having trouble starting Battle.net. Please try again. If the problem persists, try restarting your computer."

What you experienced here is a problem that does occur from time to time when the Game Publishers/Developers make an change and do not pre-empt that by sending out an email informing everyone of the technical details of that change. This is their choice of how to operate, and is actually pretty much standard.

But what you also experienced is that these issues are normally fixed fairly quickly where doing so does not breach the EULA/TOS of the game, as they obviously disrupt the enjoyment of our community of players. This is what your subscription actually pays for. Continued maintenance and support.

As for the logging characters into the wrong slots. Yes, this has been the standard for a long time. As there is no communication between the game and ISBoxer (this would breach the EULA/TOS), then it does have a few items that rely upon assumptions. One of those, is that if you configure your character set so that ToonA is said to be in Slot1, and ToonB is said to be in Slot2, then the expectation is that you will log ToonA into Slot1 and ToonB into Slot2, and doing otherwise does tend to break any configuration that relies upon the assumed positions.
<<

MrGobblez

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:25 am

So how would I go on about fixing a broken configuration after launching the characters in the wrong order?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:36 am

This had nothing to do with launching your characters in the wrong order.

Yesterday, Blizzard pushed an update to the World of Warcraft Launcher, which broke it under Inner Space. The fact that you did something around the same time is actually just a coincidence.

The issue was resolved by Inner Space build 6535.

If there is some other problem you're having, please explain
<<

bob

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:41 am

MrGobblez wrote:So how would I go on about fixing a broken configuration after launching the characters in the wrong order?

The easy solution is to use them in the correct order. When the first window comes up, if it has the wrong account logged in because it has been "remembered", then log it out, and log in the correct account. Repeat process for subsequent windows.
<<

MrGobblez

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:48 am

lax wrote:This had nothing to do with launching your characters in the wrong order.

Yesterday, Blizzard pushed an update to the World of Warcraft Launcher, which broke it under Inner Space. The fact that you did something around the same time is actually just a coincidence.

The issue was resolved by Inner Space build 6535.

If there is some other problem you're having, please explain

Glad to hear it, as I mentioned the second time I had this issue it was fixed the after updating Inner Space so it's working perfectly now.

bob wrote:The easy solution is to use them in the correct order. When the first window comes up, if it has the wrong account logged in because it has been "remembered", then log it out, and log in the correct account. Repeat process for subsequent windows.

I know this, I was asking what you would do in the event that the configuration has become broken, but maybe it's a non-issue now that it's been patched. Thanks for your help.
<<

bob

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:56 am

I misunderstood what you meant there.

The configuration doesn't change just because you log toons into the wrong slots. It's not broken as such, it just doesn't work as expected because one of the pre-requisites is not met. You fix the log in order, the configuration works as expected again.

It's only if you change the configuration incorrectly to fix the log in order, that something might become broken.
The correct way, by changing the configuration rather than re-logging, is simply just putting characters into the correct slots, export, /reload in game. The incorrect way is doing anything else.

Yes. Two different issues at the same time has confused the situation.
<<

MrGobblez

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:04 am

Oh ok! Just a freak incident (twice) then :lol:. Definitely subscribing when my trial runs out, this software is amazing and I can't wait to learn to do more advanced stuff with it.

Return to World of Warcraft