FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

macro for pulling aggro

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Artheus

Post Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:30 pm

macro for pulling aggro

I'm multiboxing several mages and I'd like to create a macro for when I pull aggro. I'd like to push a button and the mage that just pulled aggro would cast ice block.

Ive got two ideas of how to implement this:
1) set up an in-game macro that works kind of like
Code:
if [my target is targeting me] then /cast Ice Block;

2) set up an out of game macro through ISBoxer that would detect the name of my target's target and switch my window to the character with aggro. I could then cast ice block manually.

I don't think the Blizzard macro system allows for name comparisons in the conditional block so option 1 won't work. I have no idea how to set up option 2 or if it's even possible.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:30 pm

Re: macro for pulling aggro

no idea on the first.

On the second, that would require feedback from the game to ISBoxer, and that doesn't happen. It's a one way street only, otherwise it would break EULA/TOS.
<<

Artheus

Post Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:59 am

Thanks for the comment Bob, I won't try to get option 2 to work.

I also found in the WoW macro documentation that it is not possible to use a conditional with a spell cast, so option 1 is a no go.

Here's what I've worked out:
Code:
/run if ( UnitIsUnit("targettarget", "player") ) then RaidNotice_AddMessage(RaidWarningFrame, "-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O", ChatTypeInfo["RAID_WARNING"]) end;

It's just a macro that determines if my target is targeting me and if so then it fills my screen with a big raid warning. So I can spam that button on all characters and see which screen gets filled with the raid warning. Then switch to that character.
<<

Wizeowel

Post Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:27 am

Artheus wrote:It's just a macro that determines if my target is targeting me and if so then it fills my screen with a big raid warning. So I can spam that button on all characters and see which screen gets filled with the raid warning. Then switch to that character.

You could also use something like Weakauras to do this automatically, and show a large icon or texture.

Return to World of Warcraft