FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

(Auto) Interact with Target in Classic

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Duukeo

Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:17 am

(Auto) Interact with Target in Classic

Hey All,

I'm running a mixed class team in both Retail and in Classic.

In Retail, it doesn't matter which window I play from, ranged classes will immediately start casting when in range and melee classes will run to the target and start dpsing. This behaviour seems to be the default for any new team I create.

This is not happening in Classic by default. I either get the ranged classes casting in place and the melee classes doing nothing, or I get the melee class running to the target with "some" of the ranged classes running in as well. This is usually the Shaman that runs up while the hunter, priest and mage will attack at range.

I watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yLdOojjpQE that may help but it was made in July last year and Retail seems to have the correct behaviour by default.

Is this something that's going to be corrected for Classic to behave correctly like Retail, or am I really going to have to start micromanaging these teams as in the video?

So far I've been experimenting with choosing different mapped keys in the "Virtual Mapped Keys" tab of the team.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:51 am

Re: (Auto) Interact with Target in Classic

Thie highlighted item below determines whether the Auto Interact With Target is configured by default for a new Wizard created team.

The highlighted item below is the result of ticking the above box.
<<

Duukeo

Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:35 am

So I made that change and then team behaves correctly if I play from the Shaman (which is range casting Lightning Bolt). The warrior runs in to attack.

But if play from any other character, the Shaman runs in to melee and starts swinging his Staff.

Is this something inherent to Shamans because they can melee and range? Have I set up the Shaman incorrectly in some way?

Not sure why it's the only one not behaving correctly.
<<

Duukeo

Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:43 am

Actually no. Even when playing from the Shaman, pressing Lightning Bolt makes him run in.
<<

Duukeo

Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:49 am

Ok so...

When I choose the setting you show, the Warrior and Shaman run in to melee no matter what.

When I change it to Auto Interact..(Active) > Interact (Standard), it works correctly from Shaman (warrior) runs in, but Shaman runs in to when playing from any other character.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:10 am

When you play from the Shaman, it doesn't issue the Click To Move On/Off when it is doing the Interact With Target as the assumption is that the main is standing exactly where you want them. So it just does an Interact, and because they don't have a movement option available, they just stand there.

When they are not the main, then Click To Move On/Off happens, so if their default range happens to be Melee, then they will move into range.

The difference is not with the mapped keys you are choosing but rather the behaviours of what those mapped keys do to each window.

Of other note, the difference between Interact (Standard) and Interact (auto) is Standard also does an Assist. The Auto one does not, as most people who are using it, also have the Auto Assist mappings configured, so the Auto one does not need to issue a second Assist.

/e
On a second look, the Auto interact also does not turn off CTM, so if you issue it from a window, and then switch windows to a different main, than CTM is still on in your new main, so toon may move when you use the auto iwt on this toon now.
<<

Duukeo

Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:23 am

Alright thanks for trying, I'll keep playing with the settings until it works.

Just don't understand why it's perfect in Retail and broken in Classic.

Thanks anyway.

Return to World of Warcraft