FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need some help with rotations +

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Chunkey

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:32 am

Need some help with rotations +

I've been playing 5 team Balance druids from 110-120 just completed all the Bfa quests zones however I want to start gearing up which I need to run my own Dungeons. I tried going with 1 tank 4 DPS for Normal set up ingame macros to heal my target problem is my tanks abilities are different from what I'm used to all my toons having same abilities bars. Trying to LOS is tricky. Some Heals can take me out of form, starts to get really tough to keep everyone up, if I went with a healer feel it just make it harder playing 3 specs. whats best way to fix this? I was looking into Marcos just not sure where to start.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:01 pm

Re: Need some help with rotations +

When you want to begin playing multiple specs/roles together, the difficulty tends to ramp up, and setting it all up generally falls to simple trial and error, and a lot of it. I'd suggest looking at the Pro System if you want to move in this direction, as it should allow you to control multiple specs/roles much easier, but I don't think it's required (just recommended). However, even after much trial and error, you may find that the particular class you're playing is limited, in one way or another, for what you've set as a goal, but I think most teams that fit the standard trinity of roles are capable of any normal or heroic dungeon, and, at least, low-level Mythics (gear/skill dependent).
<<

Wizeowel

Post Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:49 am

Re: Need some help with rotations +

The Pro system is excellent, you should definitely look into that as MiRai says. Follow his videos to set it up https://youtu.be/iqHaH4gbrmo

Having played a bear in retail, I can say it's really easy to set up. Make sure your talents all help to make the rotation simple, i.e. prefer passive talents and don't take pulverize or galatic guardian. Then you can set up the Pro System, and give the character who is the bear a separate virtual key map.

In that virtual key map make a mapped key called "Easybeartank". Make it send all the following keys to the bear in this order: Wild charge, Thrash, Mangle, Ironfur, Swipe. So you'll have 5 actions in Easybeartank. When pressing all the keys at once, ISBoxer does actually send them one at a time, so the WoW client will always see the keypress for e.g. Thrash before Swipe.

Now for all dps bindings you make for the moonkins, in the corresponding mapped key on the bear's virtual key map, just call Do Key Map Easybeartank. This means, that whenever any of the moonkin casts anything, ISBoxer will send all 5 tanking buttons to the bear. When the moonkins cast moonfire, you might want to send the moonfire binding to your tank as well, but I found it's not necessary to keep threat. Once you get used to the system you can add your defensive cooldowns like barkskin and regen.

Healing is another matter. You will need to add some macros to put your toons back into moonkin form after a heal. But I think once you see how handy the Pro System is (with some practice) then you'll have no problem changing one of the moonkins into a proper healer, or even a cat-healer casting free regrowths from predatory swiftness.
<<

Chunkey

Post Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:38 am

Re: Need some help

Talking with Prepared he doesn't use pro so maybe I should try his way being this pro taking me hours to learn. I do like how Pro works but don't think I ever have the patience for it. going to back it up, for now, go back to basic :P

Return to World of Warcraft