FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New to this, have questions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ramsen

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:11 pm

New to this, have questions

Question 1:

I was able to create a click bar for heals successfully following viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6593, but I also want to set abilities off with key presses. For example I hit a hot key and my secondary character does an attack ability. Is there a guide for that somewhere?

Question 2:

With my click bar it sets off an ability on both my characters instead of just the one I want (the healer). How do I set this up so only the healer does the ability in slot 1 for example?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: New to this, have questions

Ramsen wrote:I was able to create a click bar for heals successfully following viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6593, but I also want to set abilities off with key presses. For example I hit a hot key and my secondary character does an attack ability. Is there a guide for that somewhere?

If we're talking about 1 through = (optionally, with modifiers), then you'd set a Hotkey for any of the Mapped Keys located in the Key Map labeled: Combat Broadcast Hotkeys.

If we're talking about any other keys, then you can use the Mapped Key Wizard, for which I'll assume you want either the "Straight Key Broadcast" or "Assist and Broadcast" type (or both).

Ramsen wrote:With my click bar it sets off an ability on both my characters instead of just the one I want (the healer). How do I set this up so only the healer does the ability in slot 1 for example?

The Mapped Key that your Click Bar is attached to should contain the Target for which you want the Action(s) to go to, and you'd need to click on the Action(s) in question to adjust that.
<<

Ramsen

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:03 pm

My way of targeting the lead character's target is pretty bad, note that I'm on vanilla so there's no /startattack. I have my mapped keys hit F2 to select my teammate, F to assist my teammate, followed by the attack ability. Problem with this is it breaks auto attack whenever I select the ability again. Is there a better way?

--------

It seems like using mouse2 (right click) in a macro doesn't cut it either. For now I have a command to just start auto attacks that I have to use after each ability. This can't be the best way :o
Last edited by Ramsen on Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:15 am

Ramsen wrote:My way of targeting the lead character's target is pretty bad, note that I'm on vanilla so there's no /startattack. I have my mapped keys hit F2 to select my teammate, F to assist my teammate, followed by the attack ability. Problem with this is it breaks auto attack whenever I select the ability again. Is there a better way?

Yes, write an assist macro, assign it to a key, and then set up a Mapped Key to send that key to the Character who is to use the assist macro.

Likewise, you can use the "Directly follow/assist main character..." option on the final step of the Wizard when setting up your team, and it will essentially do the same thing for you, as long as you have written out a follow and assist macro that works for your lead character, assigned them to in-game key binds, and then told ISBoxer what those key binds were under the "Follow Main Character" and "Assist Main Character" fields.
<<

Ramsen

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:30 am

I put Assist Main after each ability and that seems to have done the trick except for after healing since that switches targets to teammates.

Return to World of Warcraft