FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New to ISBoxer. 2/5 screens won't load. Any help?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jbox80

Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:42 pm

New to ISBoxer. 2/5 screens won't load. Any help?

Good morning.

I have just installed ISBoxer to use it in the current retail version of WoW.

I am having a problem. I am not able to load 5 screens at the same time. What I am getting is the first and fifth screens are a white panel with no options, and the others just normal WoW loading screens.

If I use <No Window Layout> I can get all 5 screens to work.

What could be my problem? why I cannot get 5 working screens with a window layout.

What info do you need to make a diagnostic?

My system details are:
Laptop Acer Aspire VX5-591G.
Procesor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU 2.80GHz 2.80GHz
Windows 10 64 bits
NVidia GeForce GTX 1050

Pardon me, I am not a fluent English speaker.
Attachments
Screenshot_211.jpg
Screenshot_211.jpg (278.42 KiB) Viewed 1793 times
Screenshot_212.jpg
Screenshot_212.jpg (92.99 KiB) Viewed 1793 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:13 am

Re: New to ISBoxer. 2/5 screens won't load. Any help?

At a guess,
either the game profile you've selected is not the "Wow Client Direct X 11 Legacy" client, and it is attempting to load Directx 12 and not coping with 5 of them due to the underpowered graphics card (lack of VRAM is going to be a problem), and/or, it is using the Intel onboard GPU, which is going to struggle immensely.

Your laptop there may be a little underpowered for the current WoW client (well, 5 of them).

What can you do, well, check each character in the top left of the toolkit, and look at the Game profile drop down, and make sure it is set to use the Direct X 11 Legacy profile.
For the intel adapter side of it, if this is the case, then you may be able to set something in game, to force the Nvidia adapter.

One thing that is not clear is whether this is a 4K laptop. If so, then you may need to re-run the Window Layout Wizard, and set a 3D Render Size, so it does not attempt to render internally at 4K.

/e a quick search shows it is probably not 4K, so you can probably ignore that.
<<

jbox80

Post Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:48 am

Re: New to ISBoxer. 2/5 screens won't load. Any help?

bob

I have never gotten a technical problem solved so quickly. Your guesses are all accurate. I was running the other client option.

I didn't know I had to select "Wow Client Direct X 11 Legacy". I thought the legacy was for WoW Classic, not the current WoW :lol:

Also, I was guessing my laptop is underpowered, it is not a 4k. I am a gamer on a budget.

I appreciate the help. Thank you very much.
Attachments
Screenshot_213.jpg
Screenshot_213.jpg (307.31 KiB) Viewed 1783 times

Return to World of Warcraft