Window Swap Mouse Cursor Randomly Repositioning

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Chickenballs

Post Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:45 am

Window Swap Mouse Cursor Randomly Repositioning

Hi,

First post.

Probably something really simple that I'm missing here, but when clicking on one of my slave windows to swap it over to the main window the mouse cursor sometimes repositions itself centrally to the main window and sometimes not. It's just random, and utterly infuriating.

I don't want the mouse cursor to reposition itself to the main window on swap, I want it to just stay put at the slave window I just clicked on.

Any ideas or feedback would be much appreciated and will likely avoid a shooting spree/hostage situation developing in my apartment block as my frustration levels reach critical mass.

Thanks,

Chickenballs.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:27 am

Re: Window Swap Mouse Cursor Randomly Repositioning

If you're CLICKING on a window to make it swap and having problems, you might want to change the option that says "When clicking to focus a window, the game should ________________". The default is "do what it normally does". It sounds like you can avoid your problem by changing it to "ignore the click".

What you're describing about the cursor is what the game normally does when you left click somewhere within the game world. The cursor disappears, is centered for mouselook, and placed back afterward. The same thing does not happen if you click on GUI within the game window -- so if you're not clear on this normal behavior from the game, certainly it could seem "random".

Having the game ignore the initial click is specifically to avoid issues like this.

<<

Chickenballs

Post Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:53 am

Re: Window Swap Mouse Cursor Randomly Repositioning

Thanks for the swift response. I locked the windows and hotkey'd each in the meantime before I saw this, but whatever I've done I can't seem to undo to unlock the windows now. I can't check this atm to see if it's sorted this out for me /facepalm. It's definitely 1 step forward for me, 12 steps back lolz.

Return to World of Warcraft