Moderator: MiRai

<<

klash45

Post Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:40 am

Wow 1.12.1 Classic

hi everyone,

I tested isboxer that works since WOWTLK but not in Wow classic 1.12.1

My question is why ?

I tried some research but still not understand. My question here is just to understand nothing more

thanks !
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:47 am

Re: Wow 1.12.1 Classic

1.12 is not the same as WoW Classic.

1.12 is referred to as Vanilla. ISBoxer works with both, but it works with WoW Classic better than it works with WoW Vanilla. This is because there is no WoW Addon support for WoW 1.12. That's one reason they call it Vanilla.

For 1.12, you can choose "Other" instead of "World of Warcraft" on the first page of the Quick Setup Wizard. This will provide you with settings that do not rely on the WoW Addon. From there, you can set it up as if you're playing any other game with ISBoxer (EQ1, EQ2, LOTRO, etc).
<<

klash45

Post Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:04 am

Thanks you for your post

"Others"
For 1.12, you can choose "Other" instead of "World of Warcraft" on the first page of the Quick Setup Wizard. This will provide you with settings that do not rely on the WoW Addon. From there, you can set it up as if you're playing any other game with ISBoxer (EQ1, EQ2, LOTRO, etc).

I Tried to use "Others" in Quick Setup Wizard but follow and assist + copy touch doesnt working (I followed the Video from Multiboxology wich is super cool BTW)

Im sorry if my post bother you but I like to understand things

Klash45
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:41 pm

Anything to do with WoW and ISBoxer as shown on the videos from MiRai, will be WoW retail, and include the use of the ISBoxer Addon support provided. The WoW Classic video he did, did not rely on this because Addon support was not enabled at that time. He did however use what was available to create a reasonable Follow/Assist setup.

For non WoW games, the "ultimate" method is usually the Target Slot, Follow/Assist Target method (unless you can setup FTL macros like FFXIV). This is outlined in the LOTRO video of old that Lax did (there may be others, but this one comes to my mind quickly). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_xAyfEQ_Rk Different game, same method applies.

Essentially, your toons need a "Select Party Member" key. This is usually the F1 to F6 range of keys in most games, and then, they use another key for /follow or /assist, as needed.

If you select the appropriate Follow/Assist method in the Wizard, and fill out the In Game Keybindings section, the majority of this will be configured for you in ISBoxer, and you really just need to confirm the in game keybindings. There may be some tweaking required, but the basic bones are there.

Return to World of Warcraft