FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

IS Boxer Performance Issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tika

Post Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:28 am

IS Boxer Performance Issues

Hey,

since last maintenance on wednesday isboxer client windows freeze for 10-20 seconds whenever another task is beeing launched e.g. notepad, calc, browser. game profile being used is direct x 11 legacy.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:36 am

Re: IS Boxer Performance Issues

It sounds like you're running out of RAM. WoW 8.1.5 increased the game's memory usage.

Either way, we have a pretty standard process for this type of issue:
http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate

The "Identifying framerate bottlenecks" section includes instructions and a video that will help track the issue down
<<

tika

Post Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:28 am

Cpu is below 40%, RAM below 30%, GPU about 20% on a 5 man team.

it completely locks up the system, mouse pointer freeze ... cant do anything. it is a isboxer problem. i open 5 instances without using isboxer no problems at all.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:35 am

I understand that this occurs for you with ISBoxer, and does not occur for you without ISBoxer. However, there is not something for me to change with ISBoxer in order to resolve this issue for you. This is not something that occurs for everyone else -- if it was, certainly I would hear about that immediately.

So, 2 things up next:
1. Check for driver updates and Windows updates

2. Get us Compatibility Diagnostics. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
<<

tika

Post Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:59 pm

I did a backup of my ISBoxer Toolkit File, removed everything besides characterdata, created a new charaterset using wizard. problem gone. Of course i like to use my old configuration. do you see a possibility where keymaps or clickbars cause such problems because thats mainly whats now different from the fresh configuration.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:52 pm

Based on what you have described, the likely cause is something in your Window Layout.
Issues like this can be caused by changes in Windows to graphics drivers, new monitors, changing plugs on your graphics card. This kind of thing is noted here, http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_you ... er_changes where it says:

Recent Hardware or Driver changes
If you have a new computer, graphics card, monitor, have moved some cables around, have recently updated graphics drivers, or upgraded/reinstalled your OS, or copied this profile from another computer, then you may need to make a new Window Layout. The aforementioned things can cause the internal Windows display references to "shuffle" around, and it makes your old Window Layout try and present to a physical display which is no longer connected to the same internal virtual port. Windows can accommodate this, but usually at the expense of FPS.

It is possible that Key Maps or Clickbars could also cause a lockup problem, but this will generally only happens if you have some kind of loop in your configuration where a mapped key calls another mapped key which calls the original mapped key (this may continue round and round, or potentially have some kind eventual exit condition).
<<

tika

Post Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:55 pm

Hi, i merged my Keymaps and Clickbars with the fresh config file. Works now, so maybe could be about the windows layout like you mentioned, Bob. Thx, good support !
<<

tika

Post Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:28 pm

It's indeed the Window Layout that causes the problem. I can now reproduce it. What i forget to mention my 3rd Display is connected via a hmdi splitter so i can switch between Display and TV from my PC. So when i switch to TV i can see in the Window Layout Wizard the Layoutorder of the Displays is being changed. Before switching to TV it is from left to right 3 1 2 after switching to TV its 1 2 3 so i think this may cause the problem.

Return to World of Warcraft