FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follows, assists, invite hotkeys

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ilson

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:29 pm

Follows, assists, invite hotkeys

Hey all.

I just subbed in preparation for classic relaunch. Its been a while (9 years?) since last working with Inner Space, so bear with me.

The setup is dual boxing on the same PC, so nothing fancy. Been running through the Quick Wizard and have exported to Inner Space.
The ISBoxer addon is enabled and it says:
"ISBoxer Addon v1.1 Loaded"
"Character Set 'Priest-Mage' activated"
"Character 'Backwardatio-[Redacted]' activated" upon login.
Key mappings have been reset to defaults, although I didn't have any ALT-F11 bindings or for that matter any ALT bindings.
Broadcasting works so I suppose there's a connection between the two clients.

Keys 1-= click through well, but there's no assist build in for the spells, nor does SHIFT-ALT-I for invite or ALT-F for follow work.
Anybody figure they could point me in the direction of a solution?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:56 pm

Re: Follows, assists, invite hotkeys

This applies here: http://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#Will_this_w ... _server.3F

Also, I've edited out the name of the server, as per the rules outlined in the above link.
<<

ilson

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:01 pm

Right. Well in that case pardon my ignorance.
Last time I used Inner Space was when Lax was the most knowledgeable person on Warden, outside of Blizzard.
Times have certainly changed.

Given the fact that I came here for prep'ing up on Classic, and the postings showing ISBoxer/Inner Space working on the short mini launch held by Blizzard earlier, turned out to be unsupported, could you direct me to the refunds department?
No point in burning a quarter of the sub twiddling thumbs.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:30 pm

ilson wrote:Right. Well in that case pardon my ignorance.
Last time I used Inner Space was when Lax was the most knowledgeable person on Warden, outside of Blizzard.
Times have certainly changed.

How does any of this have anything to do with ISBoxer functionality, especially when it comes to 1.12.1 private servers?

ilson wrote:Given the fact that I came here for prep'ing up on Classic, and the postings showing ISBoxer/Inner Space working on the short mini launch held by Blizzard earlier, turned out to be unsupported

If you're referring to the two videos that I put out on the Classic BlizzCon demo, then...

1) Add-ons weren't currently enabled in the demo—I mention this specifically in the video—and so I didn't use any add-on functionality to set up what you were watching. If you had watched the video(s), you would have seen/heard me talk about that, although it's unclear whether you watched them or just read a few posts).

2) Classic, when it re-releases, will be using the current day API, and so the ISBoxer add-on is expected to work without any issue. However, as I showed in the video(s), the add-on is not necessary.

3) I doubt Lax has any desire to code a second, separate version of the add-on for use with pre-3.3.5 builds of WoW, especially since I am pretty sure the API it uses wasn't even available back in those older versions. Regardless, for the third time, I've shown, in the video(s) that creating a follow/assist setup without using the ISBoxer add-on is entirely possible. In fact, you have to consider all of the other games that ISBoxer works with, that don't use add-ons the same way that WoW does (which is, all of them).

ilson wrote:could you direct me to the refunds department?

There's a refund button in your Lavish Software account section.

ilson wrote:No point in burning a quarter of the sub twiddling thumbs.

Or, you could just set the game up using "Other," as the link I provided in my first reply suggests. Why you immediately jumped to ISBoxer not "supporting" older builds of WoW is beyond me.
<<

ilson

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:58 pm

MiRai wrote:There's a refund button in your Lavish Software account section.

Thank you kindly.

MiRai wrote:Or, you could just set the game up using "Other," as the link I provided in my first reply suggests. Why you immediately jumped to ISBoxer not "supporting" older builds of WoW is beyond me.

Bet it was the certainty of no support, the shutdown of the discussion or maybe the general vibe. Who knows..

Have a better day.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:35 pm

Sorry, I have to echo MiRai here, and I have to disagree with you that discussion was "shut down".

The version of WoW you're playing is so old that it does not function as "World of Warcraft" as far as ISBoxer is concerned. Therefore you just have to set it up the same as you would set up ISBoxer for literally any other game. Thus, the suggestion to use "Other" on the first page of the Quick Setup Wizard to give you what you needed in order to play.

Given the fact that I came here for prep'ing up on Classic, and the postings showing ISBoxer/Inner Space working on the short mini launch held by Blizzard earlier, turned out to be unsupported, could you direct me to the refunds department?

The version of WoW you're playing is not akin to the upcoming official WoW Classic, which uses the game's updated code. For a similar ISBoxer experience (i.e. to see how ISBoxer functions with WoW Classic) you would have to compare to WoW 8.1.5.

Return to World of Warcraft