FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

CRT Error

Moderator: MiRai

<<

messerboogie

Post Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:27 am

CRT Error

Hello Forum,
my problem is, that I am currently facing the CRT Error and I can't fix it. I tried to reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable from 2005 - 2018 but it seems like this didn't work out. In addition to that I already tried to reinstall the NVIDIA Driver but without that am not able to launch a client, since Innerspace won't recognize my Monitor. If I start WoW manually as solo player everything works fine :geek:

Compatibility Diagnostics: https://pastebin.com/gSy4eP4r

Error: R6031

Best Regards,
Messerboogie
<<

messerboogie

Post Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:44 am

Re: CRT Error

Seems like it only happens when I am starting my Team with Innerspace. Without Innerspace/Multiboxing I can open 20 windows at the same time manually and I don't get a CRT Error
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:26 am

R6031 occurs when a DLL loads into the process that wants to dynamically initialize the C Runtime (CRT) Library after it has already been initialized. Inner Space does not do this (it uses static CRT, not dynamic CRT), but does affect the loading of DLLs within the process, and so this issue may occur with the combination of some program + the game + Inner Space, despite it not occurring with some program + the game, or the game + Inner Space.

The problem is also more likely to occur with an outdated OS. Windows 7 as you know is more than one generation of Windows behind, and compatibility with software in general is going to be degraded for various reasons.

Either way, we can use Trace Diagnostics from the wow.exe while the R6031 error is up, to help determine the cause of your specific problem. So here's what to do ..
1. Launch your team with IS/ISBoxer and get the error popup
2. In ISBoxer Toolkit, under Help, Diagnostics select "Trace Diagnostics"
3. This will seem a lot like what you did for Compatibility Diagnostics, except it wants to save Trace Diagnostics to a file.
3a. So, select the WoW process from the drop-down list and click "Generate Diagnostic Report, and Save it to File"
3b. It then asks you to pick a "Minidump files (*.dmp)" filename, just save it as like wow.r6031.dmp and make note of where you save it (your Documents folder would make this easy)
4. E-mail the .dmp file to lax@lavishsoft.com for analysis

With any luck, the .dmp file will point specifically to the DLL that is causing an issue, and then we can either find a workaround or a fix.
<<

messerboogie

Post Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:20 pm

lax wrote:R6031 occurs when a DLL loads into the process that wants to dynamically initialize the C Runtime (CRT) Library after it has already been initialized. Inner Space does not do this (it uses static CRT, not dynamic CRT), but does affect the loading of DLLs within the process, and so this issue may occur with the combination of some program + the game + Inner Space, despite it not occurring with some program + the game, or the game + Inner Space.

The problem is also more likely to occur with an outdated OS. Windows 7 as you know is more than one generation of Windows behind, and compatibility with software in general is going to be degraded for various reasons.

Either way, we can use Trace Diagnostics from the wow.exe while the R6031 error is up, to help determine the cause of your specific problem. So here's what to do ..
1. Launch your team with IS/ISBoxer and get the error popup
2. In ISBoxer Toolkit, under Help, Diagnostics select "Trace Diagnostics"
3. This will seem a lot like what you did for Compatibility Diagnostics, except it wants to save Trace Diagnostics to a file.
3a. So, select the WoW process from the drop-down list and click "Generate Diagnostic Report, and Save it to File"
3b. It then asks you to pick a "Minidump files (*.dmp)" filename, just save it as like wow.r6031.dmp and make note of where you save it (your Documents folder would make this easy)
4. E-mail the .dmp file to lax@lavishsoft.com for analysis

With any luck, the .dmp file will point specifically to the DLL that is causing an issue, and then we can either find a workaround or a fix.

Send you the file
<<

messerboogie

Post Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:13 pm

Fixed the problem :D
/close

Return to World of Warcraft