FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Macro Issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Evolve

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:05 pm

Macro Issue

Can you tell me why this no longer works when key maps are enabled?

/stopcasting [mod:ALT]
/castsequence [mod:ALT] reset=1 Ice Lance, Flurry

I created this to cast off even if I have a channeled spell casting. It worked fine, but now when key maps are turned on it will only cast Ice Lance and not the second spell in the sequence.
When key maps are off it works fine again
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:09 pm

Re: Macro Issue

No idea. unless the reset condition is being hit.
It would almost make me think that the macro is not running at all..
<<

Evolve

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:12 pm

bob wrote:No idea. unless the reset condition is being hit.
It would almost make me think that the macro is not running at all..

No thats not it because I am pressing the button quickly when using it.
it does work fine with key maps off, but with them turned on it will only fire off the first spell in the sequence.
The only way to have it work with the key maps on is to remove the stop casting.
<<

bob

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:30 pm

That in itself shouldn't be an issue.
It might be how the modifier is being sent to the game to trigger the macro.
Any particular reason the keybind for the macro is not ALT+WHATEVER, rather than WHATEVER and using the mod:ALT conditional. Seeing as you are using that conditional on all lines it seems rather pointless to do it that way.

You could, if this is a custom mapped key triggering it, set the "Hold any keystrokes" option to ON, for the mapped key.
<<

Evolve

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:51 am

bob wrote:Any particular reason the keybind for the macro is not ALT+WHATEVER.

Yes, because all the macros are contained in gnome sequencer addon.
I use button number 1 on the keyboard for the macros created. Then inside that I have the modifer ALT being used.
So when I press ALT and 1 it performs the action I want. hopefully I answered what you were asking correctly

Gnome Sequencer allows you create a sequence of macros to be executed at the push of a button. Like a /castsequence macro, it cycles through a series of commands when the button is pushed. However, unlike castsequence, it uses macro text for the commands instead of spells, and it advances every time the button is pushed instead of stopping when it can't cast something. This means if a spell is on cooldown and you push the button it will continue to the next item in the list with each press until it reaches the end and starts over.
<<

bob

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:54 am

oh I understand the castsequence.

So, the bit I think you'll be having trouble with, is that ISBoxer treats 1 and ALT+1 as two different things. Now your macro is essentially setup on the 1 key, and if you happen to press ALT at the same time, it does something different.
The trouble may be though, is that ISBoxer treats 1 and ALT+1 as two different things. When Key Maps are enabled, under a default setup, 1 will trigger a mapped key, where as ALT+1 wont (although you can enable this). What you might be experiencing, is a difference in how the keystrokes are being sent to the game, which is resulting in your macro being triggered in a different manner than expected.
<<

Evolve

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:16 pm

bob wrote:oh I understand the castsequence.

So, the bit I think you'll be having trouble with, is that ISBoxer treats 1 and ALT+1 as two different things. Now your macro is essentially setup on the 1 key, and if you happen to press ALT at the same time, it does something different.
The trouble may be though, is that ISBoxer treats 1 and ALT+1 as two different things. When Key Maps are enabled, under a default setup, 1 will trigger a mapped key, where as ALT+1 wont (although you can enable this). What you might be experiencing, is a difference in how the keystrokes are being sent to the game, which is resulting in your macro being triggered in a different manner than expected.

Does that mean I can fix this or I cant use my macro setup the way I have and use ISboxer at the same time?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:27 pm

Evolve wrote:Does that mean I can fix this or I cant use my macro setup the way I have and use ISboxer at the same time?

It's hard to say without seeing your profile or knowing whether you specifically have ALT+1 set up to send to your game clients or not.
<<

Evolve

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:04 pm

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:33 pm

Well, it may help to your Characters/Character Sets, as well, but you've hidden them. However, your issue may stem from the fact that you have two Mapped Keys bound to Alt+1 in your profile. Both of which are in "Combat Broadcast Hotkeys," and so I would suggest deleting one of them to see if that fixes the issue.
Next

Return to World of Warcraft