FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

keys sending when everything is turned off

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Evolve

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:46 pm

keys sending when everything is turned off

Hi, I use modifier macros and I notice that even when I have everything turned off they are still sending to the other windows.
Any idea why this would occur? I double checked to be sure everything was off. I clicked the stuff on and off a second time to be sure and still the key presses get sent, but only the modifier key presses
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:32 pm

Re: keys sending when everything is turned off

If it isn't covered by this FAQ entry, then we'd need to see your profile.
<<

Evolve

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:07 pm

MiRai wrote:If it isn't covered by this FAQ entry, then we'd need to see your profile.

I dont fully understand what I am reading. I did use the wizard, so does that mean I didn't use the wizzard correctly and should go through it again?
I used the wizard because originally my modifier macro presses would not send to other windows.
I used the wizard and it removed what ever was using the key I wanted and now when I pressed the keys they sent to other windows.
They only thing now is that they send even when i have things turned off.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:19 pm

You have either created mapped keys using the wizard or otherwise, and put them in a Key Map which does not have Hotkeys in the name of that key map, or you have created your own key map and put them in there, or you have set hotkeys on some of the default mapped keys, but you've put the hotkeys on mapped keys in a key map which does not have Hotkeys in the name of the key map or you have Repeater/Broadcasting enabled.

Simply, under the default setup, ONLY the Key Maps with the word "Hotkeys" in the name of the key map are disabled/enabled with the Key Maps toggle, so you have put a mapped key with a hotkey in one of the other default Key Maps, then it will work regardless of whether the toggle is enabled/disabled. If you have created your own Key Map, then you need to update the toggle to include your new Key Map.

The only way for us to tell, if you want our help, is to see your profile.
<<

Evolve

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:05 pm

thank you, i was able to figure out the issue, but I found a new issue.

Topic split.
-MiRai
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:46 pm

Evolve wrote:thank you, i was able to figure out the issue, but I found a new issue.

New issues belong in new threads, because threads with multiple unrelated issues are difficult to read and keep track of, especially for new users searching for help.

This topic has been split.

Return to World of Warcraft