FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Basic setup, slave not responding

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bvellos

Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:05 pm

Basic setup, slave not responding

Hello all!

Admittedly, I am a noob to this. I am trying to setup a basic multibox between two accounts, so one master and one minion. I play WoW and I also have both the jamba and ixboxer addons installed and clicked. When running through the wizard, I go with most of the default settings. I've attached my final step so you can see what options and keybinds I've set. In game, I have the keybinds setup exactly as they are under "press these to make a character..."

What happens is my slave fails to respond to one or more of these keys.m I've changed the defaults on the final page because I like the use of my F keys that are not being used for anything other than opening specific bags (F8, F9, F10). I've tried pressing Shift+F8 as well as just F8 (for the slave to follow) and neither work. Also, I want the slave to assist off my master by pressing shift+9 or just f9 after pressing F9 and then ShiftF10 or F10 to interact so the slave can loot. That make sense?

What am I missing? And would a kind experienced veteran take the time to explain step by step how I can figure both ixboxer to use to in game keybinds (F+ keys).

So in summary, I want to be able to press (on my master) F8, F9, and F10 to have my slave follow, assist and interact. In theory (hopefully this is correct) I should be able to target a corpse on my master, press F9 to have my slave assist or also target the corpse and then press F10 to loot with auto loot clicked both in the in game settings and in jamba. Most of my jamba setup is defaults.

Also, side note. In addition to the setup I've submitted in the SS, I've also tried setting up under "press these to make your team" the same keys as the character actions, dropping the shift and doing both as F8, F9 and F10 with no luck. I export to inno and nothing each time. Pulling my hair out here guys....please help !

Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (3).png (604.03 KiB) Viewed 4007 times
<<

bvellos

Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:52 pm

Re: Basic setup, slave not responding

Sorry Mods, please move this post to the World of Warcraft forum.

Thank you
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:00 pm

So,

Part of the problem is a misunderstanding of a few things.

1. The section on the left, where is says "Hotkeys - press these to make your team..." are the Hotkeys for the functions in ISBoxer, when you are running an ISBoxer team.
So you would be pressing SHIFT+F8 for follow
SHIFT+F9 for Assist
SHIFT+F10 for IWT.
By pressing these on your master, your slave should be doing the associated action.

The "Game Key Bindings - ISBoxer can press these to make a character" are supposed to match your IN THE GAME OPTIONS key bindings. Of course, being WoW, we can actually do the Follow and Assist functions in a macro, and we do. This means the F8/F9 assignments to keybinds in the in game options, are useless and not required. The IWT one is though, so leave that one.

Now, of note. ISBoxer internally actually uses F11 for Follow (instead of the F8 you have there), and Backspace for Assist. Why?, well, because if you are using default WoW keybinds (ie.. like a fresh setup, or a reset your keybinds), then neither of those keys are assigned. However, if you happen to assign those keys to something, it will stop the ISBoxer Addon from working. And also because we are using a macro, ISBoxer wants to hog all those modified versions of the same keys too, so SHIFT+F11 and CTRL+F11, etc. They're all out and you shouldn't assign them to other things.

But on to basics.
When you load your team, you should be getting messages printed out from the ISboxer addon if something is wrong or it needs to attempt to override keybindings. Do you get these?

Do you have Key Maps enabled when trying to use the Hotkeys? You should get a message indicating such when pressing SHIFT+ALT+M, or clicking on the overlay toggle button that appears when launching your team.

Maybe share your config. That will help us identify if something else is not quite right.
http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing
<<

bvellos

Post Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:03 pm

Thanks Bob, I did not know that ISboxer used the F keys internally.

Ok, so I changed things up and read the interact with target page and basically followed the suggested setup.

So now I have the default alt+A and alt+f under team, and left the character options empty except for the interact with target keybind which is now G which is now the keybind in game. I also unsigned the follow and assist key-binds I had in game (if that matters).

So now, under team, I have alt+a to assist, alt+f to follow and G for set under team and character. Above, I have use this key-binds when broadcasting + alt, shift and ctrl clicked because my 1-8 all have modifiers so I could fit all my abilities on my bar.

A couple of things I noticed. 1. When performing a quest which utilizes a pop up action (like shock the lizards quest near the temple of Akunda), my slave wouldn't attack because it wanted to utilize the pop up action. Instead of assisting, it would follow me and then stay put and cast/recast the pop up. Why is this and what would be the fix?

Also, in order to loot, I would need to use an in game macro (target/assist), bind it to a key (in my case key 9) and then G to interact and loot. Is there a simpler one key method to target the corpse currently targeted by my main and loot?

Here is my new current setup.

https://pastebin.com/YyR0srsq

Thanks for the reply and for the help!
Bvellos
<<

bob

Post Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:43 pm

idk what a pop up action is, but if you mean something appears on screen. then you either switch or you have a shortcut to quickly enable mouse broadcasting or something similar. You could set a hotkey on ISB42 - Always On, Mouse Repeater, and see if that helps (it turns on/off mouse broadcasting only). The other thing you might mean is Ground AOE? In that case, the Mapped Key Wizard, with the "Straight Key Broadcast Plus Click" action is probably what you need.

bvellos wrote:Also, in order to loot, I would need to use an in game macro (target/assist), bind it to a key (in my case key 9) and then G to interact and loot. Is there a simpler one key method to target the corpse currently targeted by my main and loot?
What you describe is exactly what the ISBoxer implementation of IWT does.
ISBoxer does 4 things when you use its IWT implementation:
1. Turn on Click to Move on all windows
2. Assist for your slaves
3. IWT on all windows
4. Turn off Click to Move on all windows.

So, pretty much want you want it to do. The looting might mean mouse broadcasting, or you might need to use IWT a couple of times if you get the entity is busy message. People also get ahold of addons which have looting helpers built in. JAMBA, EMA, LootAssist, BobfastLoot (if you know somebody with an old version), etc. A quick google turns up a few options.
<<

bvellos

Post Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:55 pm

Thx Bob for the mouse broadcast suggestion. I am actually finding it very useful, including using it to loot on both main and slave.

Much to learn.

Bvellos
<<

bob

Post Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:47 am

I'm glad you understood that enough to get something useful.
I re-read it now and it is rather rambly and almost incoherent.

Return to World of Warcraft