FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW/Battle.net not launching

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Gimdal

Post Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:18 am

WoW/Battle.net not launching

Hello friends.

After setting up the game with the Quick Setup Guide, and ensuring my InnerSpace program was fully updated, I attempted to launch WoW. In selecting my character set, the mouse icon indicates that something is loading up for a split second, but no client or Battle.net launcher is opened. Nothing appears to launch in the processor tab either.

I have attempted to produce the required diagnostics, as requested:

What I believe is the Battle.net processor diagnostics:
Agent.exe Diagnostics

WoW client processor diagnostics:
WoW.exe Diagnostics
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:11 am

Re: WoW/Battle.net not launching

A few things to try...

1) Your ISBoxer version is several months out of date - Update it through the Help > About menu.
2) Disable nVidia Share.
3) It looks like you have both AMD and nVidia drivers installed. Are you running two GPUs of different manufacturers? If not, then you may want to clean out the old, unused drivers.
4) McAffee could be interfering, and so you would need to completely uninstall it and restart your machine in order to test if it's causing a conflict.

Other than that, I don't know if there are any issues with Windows 8.1 specifically, since most people are no longer using it these days. If trying the things from the above list doesn't change anything, then someone with a W8.1 machine may need to test compatibility.
<<

Gimdal

Post Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:12 am

Hello MiRai, thank you kindly for taking the time to help me out. I apologize for my late reply, work has been getting in my way.

I have attempted to resolve the problem without success thus so far:

1) ISBoxer had no update options through the Help > About menu, so I attempted to resolve it by downloading it again. In clicking Help > About presently, I am offered the following error message:
https://imgur.com/a/LNYiNA5
I apologize for the Norwegian. The first line says: "System.NotSupportedException the requested security protocol is not supported". After displaying this error, the program stops responding and must be shut down. I don't know if I have the current version as a result -- my apologies for that.

2) I have disabled nVidia share now, thank you!

3) AMD drivers should now be fully uninstalled and cleared. I am not running two GPUs of different manufacturers, but some traces of the AMD-drivers appears to have stuck after the initial uninstalling. That should now be cleaned out.

4) McAffee should be entirely uninstalled now.

Agent.exe diagnostics:
https://pastebin.com/h7j6tnK3

WoW.exe diagnostics:
https://pastebin.com/e59KFfrS

If you can see no immediate problem with the setup, I can try upgrading to Windows 10 and try my luck.

Thank you!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:29 am

The first line says: "System.NotSupportedException the requested security protocol is not supported". After displaying this error, the program stops responding and must be shut down. I don't know if I have the current version as a result -- my apologies for that.

Unfortunately the built-in ISBoxer updater was broken during some server updates move last year and required a manual update at that time. To fix that, download and install the current version of ISBoxer from the site. Doing so will not change your existing configuration

Return to World of Warcraft