FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Help with targeting macro...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rale89

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:47 pm

Help with targeting macro...

Im having issues with /targetenemy macro. Basically on every character that is not currently in foreground /targetenemy macro functions like /target x (targets nearest enemy) macro when i activate it via keybind. It acts normal when i activate it via mouse repeater, as in it cycles trough the enemies in front of the character.

After some testing, it seems like its not the macro but rather the target nearest enemy function. It works normaly when its bound to tab key with repeater active, but when i try to rebind it to say 5, it again acts like /target x command.

Edit: Might be helpful to say what im trying to accomplish... Im trying to make a macro for my boomkins that will cycle trough nearby enemies and cast moonfire to pull them to the rest of the team. In this case /target is not ideal because it targets the nearest enemy (often one im already fighting with rest of the team in melee range) then the character keeps nuking the target untill its dead, and i dont want that. (i want to pull as maney as i can.)

Any way to work around this? Am i missing some way to modify the regular /target x to cycle trough enemies? That would be even better because unlike /targetenemy, it has no facing/line of sight requirements.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:04 pm

Re: Help with targeting macro...

rale89 wrote:Any way to work around this? Am i missing some way to modify the regular /target x to cycle trough enemies? That would be even better because unlike /targetenemy, it has no facing/line of sight requirements.

I'm not sure I have a fantastic answer, but if the Tab key works for you, can you just send the Tab key instead of a macro?
<<

rale89

Post Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:22 am

Tab behaves the same way as well. On mainscreened proces it works fine but on all the others it starts behaving like /target.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Theory: The cycling would only really occur if the distance of the mob never changes, i.e. you stand in one spot, the mobs stand in their spot, and you can cycle through them. If the mobs move, and the distance between you and the mob changes, e.g. because they've been pulled, then the algorithm which determines "nearby hostile unit" or "nearby unit", will potentially come up with different results because the list of what is "nearby" changes as their location changes.

The other thing to watch out for would be if your slave toons are using an Assist, so their target is reset to whatever the main has, then the next tab, would end up selecting the first "nearby unit", and not be cycling, because you interrupted the previous nearby list by changing the target via an Assist.
<<

rale89

Post Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:40 pm

The mobs im targeting are on a patrol, and target does change when one of them patroles closer to me then the other.

But i think assist might be the culprit... Thanks for pointing that out.

Edit: Thanks a bounch. Auto assist was the problem.

Return to World of Warcraft