FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unusual Problems with Keybinds

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gustavogadea

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:14 pm

Unusual Problems with Keybinds

Hello there and thanks in advance for any help.

Today I created a new team of 2 and my G11 keyboard acts weird. I have setup the G1 key to invite teams for all my teams but for this new team it brings the join dungeon menu. I did some testing and what I have found is that in this new team, modifiers don't seem to be seen. So my Ctrl+Shift+Alt+I is seen as just I. Every other team works fine, only this new one does not. So for example while F11 follows correctly on other teams, it does not for this new one.
I have done the basic troubleshooting: F11 not in use by the game, ISBOXER addon loaded, etc. Note that if I exit my non working team and load any other team, everything works well and if I go back to the broken team then everything is broken again. I do not use character based keybindings and I have also disabled every other Addon I had. I have also tested with War mode on and off, always with the same results. My G11 software is fine since other teams have no issues.
I am sharing a link to my config below. My broken team is called Lag-Eur
https://pastebin.com/EN0EXxtm
Thanks
Gus
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:00 pm

Re: Unusual Problems with Keybinds

When the ISBoxer add-on is enabled on this two-man team, what does it print out in each of the chat windows upon entering the game world, or after a /reload?

Also, on a side note, you have bound the same keys in multiple areas that will conflict with each other. For example, if you're using the "Pro System" and relying on per-character virtualization for DPS/Heal rotations, then there should not be anything bound in any class-specific Key Map. However, to be fair, looking at your Characters... it doesn't seem as if you have any per-character virtualization properly assigned, so the profile is a bit confusing, overall, and its conflicts could be an indirect result of this two-man Character Set not working properly.
<<

gustavogadea

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:29 pm

MiRai, what an honor!

For both toons in non-working team same:
ISBoxer: ISBoxer Addon v1.1 Loaded.
ISBoxer: Loading Key Bindings...
ISBoxer: No Wow Macros Loaded.

Which made look into what it says for a working team (Diavlo - Weq):
ISBoxer: ISBoxer Addon v1.1 Loaded.
ISBoxer: Character Set 'Diavlo - Weq' Activated
ISBoxer: Character 'Weq-Illidan' activated
ISBoxer: Loading Key Bindings...
ISBoxer: Wow Macros for Character 'Weq-Illidan' in set 'Diavlo - Weq' Loaded.

I did delete the broken team a few times and recreated it with same results.
Additional test: Created new teams with existing toons and even though the chat window shows everything loading, the actual behavior is the same as with the broken team. However those same toons are fine when played in their original teams. If I have to guess I would say that any team created before the release of 8.1 is fine. Also I copied an existing working team and then replaced the toons in the copy with the members of the broken team with the same bad results.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:28 pm

Most likely, it's because ISBoxer is unable to locate the Interface\Addons folder based on the Game Profile selected for the Character.

The fix you need is in this sticky post at the top of this very sub-forum: World of Warcraft 8.1 and ISBoxer - Fixes and Performance. I just edited the post now to add "ISBOXER ADDON LOADS NO MACROS?" to the top part where it tells you to fix Game Profiles.
<<

gustavogadea

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:26 pm

Got it. It is solved now.
The problem was what you said. I went into the 'wrong' folder and located all the files in the ISBoxer Addon folder and copied them to the 'correct' folder.
Everything is fine now. Now I just need to figure out where is this 'wrong' folder defined and fix that.
Thanks a lot for the amazing, to the point and fast response and on a Saturday night!!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:29 pm

The wrong folder is defined by the Game Profile that is currently selected for your Characters in ISBoxer Toolkit.

The best solution is to follow the instructions at the top of the post I gave, which has you 1. update ISBoxer and Inner Space if needed, 2. create a new correct Game Profile and test it, and 3. change your Characters to use it

... then export

Return to World of Warcraft