FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

CPU at 100 - Long Loads

Moderator: MiRai

<<

beztoken

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:00 am

CPU at 100 - Long Loads

Since the patch and threading changes, I can't multibox at all.

It takes more than 5 minutes to launch my 6 accounts, maybe close to 8-10. Previously, it took significantly less time. RAM is fine and never 100, but CPU sits at 100 just about 99% of the time. This wasn't the case before Tuesday. I was even able to run 10 which caused me to run into RAM issues before CPU issues. I also tried all the CPU strategies, and it just doesn't help.

Other than this, I am currently updated to the latest GTX drivers, and updated all my addons with updates. I was also getting some wowvoiceproxy.exe error (error #132 (0x85100084)). I uninstalled/closed Logitech software and it doesn't come up anymore, but prior to the patch it wasn't a problem.

Anyone else having similar issues, or have solutions?
<<

rafalj7

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:44 am

Re: CPU at 100 - Long Loads

i have similar problem. After 8.1 it is almost unplayable.
I am using 2 pcs. On both pcs i never reached 100% cpu load (only during loading screens) and never reached 100% memory and gpu. After patch without any changes in hardware/software i am struggling, that much that it is almost unplayable.
1st pc even it was not using 100% cpu/memory/gpu etc was crashing and suddenly clients were shuting down without any errors - but CPU did not reach 100%. I tried to reinstall game, update drivers etc etc, then moved game to SSD and now i am reaching 100% cpu, game takes like in your case 5 min to load but at least i do not get crashes, yet it is 100% cpu usage all the time, strange thing is that on all clinets game performance is very smooth.
On the 2nd pc it is worse. i am not reaching 100% cpu - i did the same, SSD, update drivers. reinstall game, addons etc etc, also tried all thread strategy and nothing. Game is loading very fast - 16 clients within 30 s or something, but during playing i have extremly bad performance, i have microfreezes every 1-3s on each client which cause problems with playing/ killing / looting etc. Even sometimes not only clinet crashes, but whole PC... i decided to monitor once again CPU usage and it was all the time ~60-80% on each core/thread, memory ~60%, gpu 60% .. so i was very cofused wtf is going on. Then i checked real number of cpu usage. I have Ryzen 2700 with 3.425 GHz (OCed slightly) and before patch i was using ~70% of this value, while now i had 60-80% usage but i realized freuency was increasing from time to time from 3,4 to 3,6 even 3.9 on EACH THREAD and in these spikes cpu usage on some threads jump into 100%... and i think this causes my microfreezes and game/PC crashes ... I do not know what to do. I cannot believe that this stupid patch changed everything that I am using in fact up to 60% more cpu then before which cannot be see by monitoring % usage, but in fact real frequency. I am so pissed...
1st pc is intel i5 xxxx dont remember, with gtx 960 and memory 24gb, 2nd pc already mentioned ryzen, gtx 1070 and 32 gb memory. And patch is problem for both rigs. Before patch i had very smooth perofrmance on 8 clinets @1st pc and 16 clients@2nd pc. I could even run more without big issues (up to 10 and up to 18) - now i cannot use 8/16 ...

But at least regarding your problem i have the same on my 1st pc and cannot find solution for that.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:36 am

Two things for you guys to try.

#1. Try Inner Space build 6371. Right click Inner Space, select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. See if that helps.
#2. Try Direct3D 11 mode instead of Direct3D 12 mode. The game behaves differently in D3D12 mode, and not just in a "hey it's D3D12 now" kind of way. If the development build of IS did not help, this probably will help a bit.
<<

rafalj7

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:48 am

thx Lax.
#2. i was using Direct 11 after patch, tested out D12 to see if this helps but it was even worse, so i stayed with D11.
#1. Today at morning I have modified once again CPU strategy and i asigned for 1 slot 1 core + 1 fake core (slot 1: CPU 1,2, slot 2: CPU 1,2, slot 3: CPU 3,4 and so on) + i have updated ISBoxer. For 2nd pc where i had microfreezes I DO NOT HAVE them any more. MY CPU usage is stable now. No crashes etc, at least after 2h of playing. I do not know which option solved my issue, was that different cpu strategy or inner space update. Do not know, but so far I am happy it working. For the 1st pc long loading screen occurs but I am willing to wait these extra 5 minutes as long as later on i do not have crashes.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:57 am

Build 6372 fixed an issue with 6371 that affected Direct3D 11. Sounds like you're probably on this new build, which is now live. :)
<<

beztoken

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:54 am

lax wrote:Okay.

I would point out that if you tried the development patches option prior to about 2 hours ago, the build was not available. I can't see your screen to see that you're actually on 6371, and not a prior build. :)

Otherwise, people reporting this particular issue have solved it by updating their Game Profiles.

Here's what I would suggest:
1. Right click Inner Space and select Add Game
2. Select the "World of Warcraft\_retail_\wow.exe" file from the proper WoW folder
3. Change the name in the "Game" box to like WoW 8.1 or something, so doesn't just say "World of Warcraft" (if you click OK with it set to "World of Warcraft" it might tell you it already exists)
4. Click OK

5. In ISBoxer Toolkit, select each Character in the top left pane (under Characters)
6. For each one, adjust the "Inner Space launch information" drop-down boxes to one of the new Game/Game Profiles just added. The DirectX 11 profile may be more reliable currently, as the DirectX 12 option is new and is related to several bugs reported this week
7. After changing them, Export to Inner Space

So I went to do this (found in another post), will update on how it goes.

Edit: Adjusting texture filtering causes my clients to crash. Fx 2 and 5 still have longer load times for some reason (takes about an extra 1-2 mins), wasn't like this prior to patch. Sometimes it takes so long and lags the whole computer to the point where the cursor has a delay and a lot of actions produce the "windows error beeps." Everything else seems to be running fine.
Last edited by beztoken on Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Gerards

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:48 pm

I have exactly the same problems as beztoken.
Screen 2 and 5 stay black for a long time.
I have tried all suggested fixes but nothing seems to help, maybe a tiny bit.
This is since update to 8.1.

Also experimental update 6373 does not fix the problems.
<<

beztoken

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:15 pm

After playing a bit, it seems to always be Fx 2, and whatever is last.

Code:
Round-robin balancing (Dedicate CPU 1) (FPS 60/30) (slots per core 1/2/2/1) (cores per slot 1/1/1/1/1/1)

Currently using this for 6. For 5 it is 1/2/1/1.

If anyone has any other suggestion's I'm trying mostly everything.

Edit: I noticed my clients constantly try to connect to wow voice, and always getting some BS voice proxy error for some stupid in-game shit that no one ever uses. I blocked it from private networks in windows defender, and no longer get the error messages in-game. It seems to have fixed the loading issues so far. Will update if it still persists.

Edit 2: Image

Every time I remove this worthless app it always comes back after staying on WoW for a bit. I leave it unchecked, but some of my clients still constantly connect and disconnect from the voice proxy server. It worked for about an hour and its suddenly back. While it was working everything ran smoothly again.
<<

Gerards

Post Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:19 am

Thanks beztoken for the Windows defender tip.

Yet another patch 6374 stil having a window/screen/player 2 and 5 black screens.
Maybe silly but it helps the progress a lot when mouse clicking manually on the black screens.
All in all it's going much better then right after the 8.1 patch.
<<

beztoken

Post Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:45 am

I have since updated to Build 6374. This doesn't seem to have helped, in fact it has made my problems worse. Fx 2 and 5 now have long load times again whereas in 6371 did not after adjusting other settings.

Do I need to revert back to D12, or am I fine to stay on D11 with this build?
Next

Return to World of Warcraft