FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Black Screens Started Today

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hibbix

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:02 pm

Black Screens Started Today

I have been using the software to multibox for a couple months now. I played last night until 1AM. Today when I tried logging in I get black screens with a cursor. I have removed ALL programs associated with multiboxing - to include WoW, Innerspace, and Isboxer. I get everything reinstalled, and still have 5 black boxes loading up. I had not patched my video drivers before this began happening, but did after. Same results before and after. I have been trying to figure this out on my own for 8 hours now, and I'm super frustrated, and out of ideas. I JUST paid for the subs, so I don't want to just rage quit multiboxing... Someone please help? My video card is Nvidia 1070. I'm on vers 417.35.
<<

hibbix

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:28 pm

Re: Black Screens Started Today

I just rolled back my graphics driver settings, and still get black boxes if I launch a character set. Works FINE if I launch it from "World of warcraft launcher" via right clicking innerspace in the system tray. I also had to reroute that seting because it kept just opening the launcher vs opening 5 windows.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:29 pm

Inner Space build 6371 is currently available as the latest development build of Inner Space.

To try it out: Right click Inner Space, select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space. When it restarts, it should pop up the Patcher window and list files available for patching -- click "Patch these files" and wait for patching to complete. After it re-launches itself again, you should be on build 6371, and can try launching your ISBoxer team again.
<<

hibbix

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:34 pm

lax wrote:Inner Space build 6371 is currently available as the latest development build of Inner Space.

To try it out: Right click Inner Space, select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space. When it restarts, it should pop up the Patcher window and list files available for patching -- click "Patch these files" and wait for patching to complete. After it re-launches itself again, you should be on build 6371, and can try launching your ISBoxer team again.

I have done that. Still black windows with sound mouse, but can't game. :( I've been combing these forums and google since about 12PM EST and I'm still unable to play. Please keep throwing ideas at me... at this point I am willing to try whatever.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:50 pm

Okay.

I would point out that if you tried the development patches option prior to about 2 hours ago, the build was not available. I can't see your screen to see that you're actually on 6371, and not a prior build. :)

Otherwise, people reporting this particular issue have solved it by updating their Game Profiles.

Here's what I would suggest:
1. Right click Inner Space and select Add Game
2. Select the "World of Warcraft\_retail_\wow.exe" file from the proper WoW folder
3. Change the name in the "Game" box to like WoW 8.1 or something, so doesn't just say "World of Warcraft" (if you click OK with it set to "World of Warcraft" it might tell you it already exists)
4. Click OK

5. In ISBoxer Toolkit, select each Character in the top left pane (under Characters)
6. For each one, adjust the "Inner Space launch information" drop-down boxes to one of the new Game/Game Profiles just added. The DirectX 11 profile may be more reliable currently, as the DirectX 12 option is new and is related to several bugs reported this week
7. After changing them, Export to Inner Space
<<

hibbix

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:58 pm

I'm going to try adding the "game" now. It originally kept launching the WoW launcher, but I pointed that "game" to the wow.exe file.

Also, 2 of my characters in the WTF folder keep populating random characters in the main folder. If I change them to the appropriate account names, it just recreates the random names for the account name. Odd?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Currentversion
Untitled.png (21.39 KiB) Viewed 4134 times
<<

hibbix

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:00 pm

Which of these settings should I use for the toons? (See red circle on screenshot.)
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (169.19 KiB) Viewed 4132 times
<<

hibbix

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:05 pm

There seems to be an issue with the profiles in the WTF folder with the patch and innerspace. Only one character shows up with the account selected for login. The others are just login/password. Any further advice? At least I can see the individual boxes, now!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:09 pm

Which of these settings should I use for the toons?

6. For each one, adjust the "Inner Space launch information" drop-down boxes to one of the new Game/Game Profiles just added. The DirectX 11 profile may be more reliable currently, as the DirectX 12 option is new and is related to several bugs reported this week

Also, 2 of my characters in the WTF folder keep populating random characters in the main folder. If I change them to the appropriate account names, it just recreates the random names for the account name. Odd?

The normal system WoW uses for account names looks "random" and "odd" to most people. All WoW account names that were created after WoW accounts were merged into Battle.net accounts look like 123456789#1 where the left side of the # is an account ID number, and the right side is the number the game shows for "WoW1" or "WoW2" and so on. If you are seeing this pattern, IT IS YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, IT IS WRONG TO CHANGE IT.

There seems to be an issue with the profiles in the WTF folder with the patch and innerspace. Only one character shows up with the account selected for login. The others are just login/password. Any further advice? At least I can see the individual boxes, now!

ISBoxer only knows about characters that have been logged in, in WoW folders that ISBoxer recognizes, because it reads them from your WTF\Accounts folder. If you want them to be listed, you just need to log into the character first.
<<

hibbix

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:23 pm

Thank you so much for your help. I got it working. Seemed to be a combination of things. I'm back up and running, and owe it to you! Thanks again. You're the shit. <3

Return to World of Warcraft