FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW Not Launching

Moderator: MiRai

<<

digicys

Post Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:06 am

WoW Not Launching

Hello! I just downloaded ISBoxer, ran the wizard and whatnot, and as I am running a 32bit version of WoW, I disabled the 64bit launch option for inner space. However, despite trying both 64 and 32 bit versions, and restarting my computer, when I try to launch my character set it always times out after the three minutes before it even launches the first WoW launcher. Here's my diagnostics file (I think I did this right? apologies if not), any help would be appreciated, thanks!

https://pastebin.com/i7SUKh0j
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:20 am

Re: WoW Not Launching

The 64bit flag is not really necessary. It figures it out for itself these days. That said, you will probably want the development patches (select the option under Patcher, exit InnerSpace, and reload it, patch it when it shows the list of available files). It has a fix for AMD devices.

Second, it may be necessary to exlude InnerSpace/WoW.exe from AVG, or potentially (even if just for testing to confirm whether it is causing a problem), uninstall AVG altogether.
Yes, this is a valid method of testing, as Microsoft point out in this article; while long, it explains some stuff about filter drivers and then in a small bit of text explains....
KB816071 wrote:Most antivirus software uses filter drivers that work together with a service to scan for viruses. These filter drivers are still loaded after the service is deactivated. These filter drivers scan files as they are opened and closed on a hard disk. For troubleshooting purposes, temporarily remove the antivirus software
You will not be unprotected. Windows Defender will take over. Just don't go surfing dodgy sites, or open suspect emails.

Return to World of Warcraft