FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Followers not assisting

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Nuub

Post Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:20 pm

Followers not assisting

Subordinate accounts are not assisting. here is link to toolkit profile ( https://pastebin.com/E4cH6kEX )
I dont understand how certain commands are sent to the game, and need to know.
For example, In my "Base Hotkeys" i have set "Assist Me" to Crtl+Shift+4, so when i press the key bind the step is executed "Do Assist Me - Active Method in ISB42 - Party Key Map -> self" which executes the corresponding command in the Party Key Map, but the step of that command is "Popup Text ->self" and i am unable to understand what is happening there.
are certain commands executed via macro/script, and others dependent on in game key binds (many of which i have altered), and if yes, where can i reference this information so i dont have to rely on you to help me with trivial things i could answer for myself!!

update:
On the lavishsoft front page is says "automatically creating a WoW Addon just for your team, ISBoxer sets up everything you need for your toons to follow or assist you in combat, even if you switch windows". So, maybe the "popup Text ->self" step is a command to the addon??
This led me to think it may be important to note that i am using Allway Sync® to mirror the Wow/Interface/Addons folder from character 1 (Nuub) to all other characters. This is not running constantly, just running when an addon needs to be updated. I assumed that it would be fine since variable data is in the wtf folder, but i dont know for sure that it isnt related to my problem, so there it is.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:44 pm

Re: Followers not assisting

ISBoxer uses virtualization, or at least it's implementation, where a Mapped Key can be replaced (or run instead of), with another mapped key.
This is what happens with the "ISB42 - Party" -> "Assist Me - Active Method" mapped key.
You can see this on your character set.
Please ignore the highlighted item, I happen to be reusing a screenshot.

So, in the case of a WoW config, it normally remaps to "ISB42 - Party " -> "Assist Me (WoW Macro)", which in turn calls "ISB42 - WoW" -> "Assist Me",
which in turn calls the Game Helpers -> World of Warcraft macro, Assist {FTL}, which is the actual macro executed.
Now, because it's ISBoxer, this macro is activated by Backspace + modifiers (by default) and looks something like
Code:
/assist [nomod:alt,mod:lshift,nomod:ctrl]ToonOne;[nomod:alt,mod:rshift,nomod:ctrl]ToonTwo;[nomod:alt,nomod:shift,mod:lctrl]ToonThree;[mod:lalt,nomod:shift,nomod:ctrl]ToonFour;[nomod:alt,mod:lshift,mod:lctrl]ToonFive

Usually, if you have issues with Assist NOT working, but other actions DO work, like Follow, or the SHIFT+ALT+I Invite, then it is normally due to http://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#I_recently_ ... 7t_work.3F
<<

Nuub

Post Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:25 pm

Hey Bob!!!! Thanks again for taking time to help me out, i really appreciate you!!

I went through all the key binds of each character individually, and there were a couple of combinations there that were the result of having the key map active while messing with key binds (trying to keep then synchronized without doing each individually). I corrected those, but the issue was still present. The next logical step was to inspect each of the key binds on my action bars (I am using Neuron, which is amazing if anyone cares to check it out) and i found that there were a few keys that i had tried to bind with the key map on. I corrected those, and the assist functionality is restored.

side note: years ago i took mandarin in college, and installed the pinyin and traditional mandarin on my computer for assignments i had to write. Ever since then, i have at seemingly random times, noticed that the language input has changed, i just clicked the language icon on the task bar to switch back, this got more annoying over time, and i eventually uninstalled the language packs. So while going over all the possible key bind conflicts, i learned that Ctrl+Shift+0 (i use this regularly for one of the G13 keys) cycles your language input in windows.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:41 pm

Nuub wrote:side note: years ago i took mandarin in college, and installed the pinyin and traditional mandarin on my computer for assignments i had to write. Ever since then, i have at seemingly random times, noticed that the language input has changed, i just clicked the language icon on the task bar to switch back, this got more annoying over time, and i eventually uninstalled the language packs. So while going over all the possible key bind conflicts, i learned that Ctrl+Shift+0 (i use this regularly for one of the G13 keys) cycles your language input in windows.

Perhaps it's different for other locales, but the default should be Left Alt + Shift, which ISBoxer uses in its FTL setup, and it's why the language, in Windows, would change.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/Ba3uW.png

Return to World of Warcraft